Today I Learned

First, learned these are a thing.

Second, learned the phrase “losing my religion” (from that song) apparently just means “losing your temper” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

13 Likes

Wat

7 Likes

i have a little crush on it :pleading_face:

7 Likes

“ In fact, this was not the case. “Losing my religion” is actually an old southern expression for being at the end of one’s rope, and the moment when politeness gives way to anger. ”

7 Likes

the point at which being Christlike is no longer on the mind?

7 Likes

Huh. I ascribed much deeper meaning to that song lol

7 Likes

as did I lol

5 Likes

I had a similar reaction to learning the meaning of “tin roof! RUSTED!”

5 Likes

SAME

Just makes incubus “drive” a class of its own

3 Likes

TIL you can apply mascara to ONLY the outer 50% of your lashes :exploding_head::eyes: I can’t find the example on Instagram but omg I like it

6 Likes

That’s what I do!

3 Likes

Like just the tips? Or just the outer half of the eye?

1 Like

The outer half of the eyelash band

1 Like

I don’t know what that means still :grimacing:

I don’t know. I would like to remind everyone of that time he got pissed and flipped tables.

4 Likes

The outer half of the eye on the top lash. So instead of extending the length of all your lashes you just do a single swipe towards the outside (part farthest from your nose), which gives a bedroom eye/cat eye effect. I do it because my eyes are super round and I like to elongate them rather than make them look even rounder.

3 Likes

Okay thank you! That makes sense. I already have to do only top eyelashes since I have… virtually no bottom lashes. Mine are very light though so I think that might look weird on me. :face_with_monocle: moot point I suppose since I hardly ever wear makeup now.

3 Likes

I think they mean the lashes from about the pupil outwards.

1 Like

Eh?

1 Like

“Drive” actually is about atheism, unlike “losing my religion”

2 Likes