Tiny Victories

I made it to the gym for the first time since my pregnancy symptoms hit 4 weeks ago! Admittedly, it was a pretty pathetic workout- had to keep going super slow on the elliptical to bring my heart rate back down- but I did it and that’s what counts!

13 Likes

I washed my bedding. I hate washing bedding because everything gets all tangled up and comes out still damp. But I love having clean bedding and now I do!

7 Likes

I painted my kitchen! I’m not sure if my brain is done being rebellious, but I feel accomplished! After this nap I just need to do one more coat on the last half, then reassemble etc.

5 Likes

Hungry but not feeling up to eating; realized that I had everything I needed on hand to make a smoothie. :muscle:

5 Likes

Took car to get topped up with coolant at dealership. Rewarded by free cookies :cookie:

4 Likes

Even though I was sick, I booked my $250 RT flight to NYC (very good deal) and my $60/night brooklyn airbnb yesterday for a work conference.

1 Like

I threw money at a danger tree and got it removed.

I pulled approximately 10 weeds out of the yard. This is tiny victories, yes?

2 Likes

I cleared off my desk at home for the first time in years. So much desk space!

3 Likes

My new phone arrived. Soon I will be a fancy lady with a fully functional phone!

6 Likes

I ate a salad for the first time in MONTHS.

6 Likes

I am proud of all of you

(not a victory, just a <3 for you all)

3 Likes

I forgot I had a zucchini in my fridge and the arugula in the back of the fridge wasn’t bad yet so I had a salad for breakfast and it was good!

3 Likes

I made it through my whole day. Then when. I knew I needed sleep I closed my eyes a d 3 hours flew by

9 Likes

I read the introduction of a paper, and set up my note taking document. Reading journal papers is intimidating, but I can do it one little step at a time.

4 Likes

My child actually ate vegetables today.

I’m five books ahead of schedule on my reading challenge.

I have fancy, effective prescription anti-inflammatories to take before bed, which will improve my life.

6 Likes

I thought I was having a nervous breakdown but it was actually just a nightmare period.

8 Likes

You’re so close to free. Hang in there. :frowning:

1 Like

Marathon day of cleaning complete. House is still filthy, but only 50% FILTHY and 50% sparkly, squeaky clean.

I also planted my “dusky bells” correa shrubs BEFORE they died from lack of watering.

5 Likes

I have to do some work tonight, so instead of it being overtime I decided to take those extra hours off this morning and nap.

2 Likes

Emailed two more potential therapists. Trying not to get my hopes up – have learned they often aren’t taking clients even though their websites say they are. Anyway, its a step forward.

Now I should probably finalize taxes and do DH’s FBAR…

PS: one of the therapists wrote right back – good sign! Had a brief phone consult and first appointment is scheduled for next Tuesday. BAM!

7 Likes