Tiny Victories

Please pet your correa for me, I love correa.

I… misread this as cornea.
Just so you know.

4 Likes

I fixed the window that wouldn’t close that H decided needed to be fixed in the middle of the damn night

1 Like

I donated branches of my tree to a neighbour with birds, fabric to one who needs it for disabled children’s items, and am about to pass on 3 books to 2 other people. All through my local Buy Nothing group. I am starting to get the hang of using it :smiley: (also I need a bigger letterbox so I can do all the drop offs/ pick ups using it.)

2 Likes

My tax guy estimates that I am getting $3k back this year! :money_mouth_face:

7 Likes

Waking up in the mornings has been so much easier, because it’s a little bit warmer and lighter and – weirdly enough – because I’m waking up a little bit earlier (keeps my whole week more consistent, since my Fridays are very early due to Long Commute To Big City).

4 Likes

The weird dry patch on my back has silvery scales

Which means either…
I’m turning into a mermaid
Or
I have a visible autoimmune objective symptom to match chronic pain and fatigue that are currently undiagnosed and therefore not a real thing.

I’m pretty equally excited about either option.

13 Likes

I vote for both. Becoming a mermaid and getting diagnosed!

4 Likes

Could both be true? You are a mermaid with an objective symptom of an autoimmune issue…

4 Likes

I sewed while small child played around me. He liked “shopping” for fabric while I played with the machine as long as I let him sit on my lap a few times.

2 Likes

Fire ant stung me between the toes. Made a poultice of plantain, tied it on the sting with a scrap of rag for an hour, and it’s like nothing ever happened.

8 Likes

Saw the dr to get a note for daycare for the such toddler. Decided to be cheeky and ask about my own blood test results that I’m waiting on, turns out we got my medication dosage right first go! Now I don’t have to schedule another appointment and probably won’t need a blood test for a while!

8 Likes

DH and I are eating a real* meal for dinner tonight! Steamed vegetables from last night and frozen pies (heated in oven).

*Real = contains protein, veg, carb.

3 Likes

My lil wins this past weekend:

1. Finding a free set of patio furniture on my local Freecycle page.
    I’ve been imaginary shopping for some since I bought my house 5 weeks ago (but don’t have the budget for it) and when I wrote to the woman I was expecting her to say the set was gone (the post was over a week old). NOPE. I picked up what I could fit in my car last night and I’ll grab the last chair on my way home from work today.
    When I showed up I actually legitimately got tears in my eyes because the patio set is SO NICE. It is clear that is was very high end in the stores about 3-5 years ago. I picked it up in a notoriously wealthy area of town.
    I have a small maybe 150sq ft sun porch on my house and it’s quickly become me and my pups favorite place to relax. I’ve just been sitting on the concrete floor up until now. She and I are BOTH going to enjoy the heck out of the little sofa!

2. Started a list of ways I can improve my small business that are free.
    (updating my Linkd In, making a FB page, doing some door-to-door flyering with ads I already own, etc.).
    I’m at a point where I need it to grow (so I can escape dreaded Day Job), but I can’t throw much money into it at the moment since I just bought the house.

10 Likes

I love hearing about all the things you’re doing for your home. I am a major homebody and I loooove making my house just as I like it. Your new home sounds like it is going to be so lovely!

Also, I do consulting for small businesses in marketing and social media, I’d love to help you with yours if you want it! I’ve got some extra time on my hands and I’m trying to build more of a portfolio in more diverse industries for potential clients. I’d be happy to do it for free if you’re interested!

6 Likes

OMG that would be awesome! I have no idea how to private message someone on here so as to not clog up this thread, but if you know how- feel free!! YAY

3 Likes

If you click on someone’s icon or name, there’s a Message option.

1 Like

I ordered gym shorts.

I’m so hungry. I can’t tell if that’s a victory or a complaint. Both?

3 Likes

My GP is amazing. I only went in for a referral appointment, but she turned it into a mini pregnancy/health check. Talked about my bottomless appetite and sleep. I mentioned I’d realized I sometimes need to eat to go back to sleep, and I’d put a granola bar in my bedside table. She was like “no! Put food next to the toilet. Then you have light, you can eat while you pee, and the wrapper won’t wake up your husband” see, that is quality medicine right there. Direct improvement to my quality of life!

So my victory is having found an awesome GP.

16 Likes

Thoughtfully did all my gardening now in preparation for family descending at Easter, instead of panicking late next week. It’s gonna look so pretty (although I might go back and buy even more marigolds).

3 Likes