Tiny Victories

YES. Badass Hermione and Ginny who take no shit from no one, and they marry two guys more or less because they’ve just known them so long? Could do so much better for themselves, I don’t think Ron or Harry were ready for pairing up until at least 5 years after the last book (Ron was a bit of an asshat and Harry needed therapy.)

4 Likes

It is cold. But that means I can bake.

2 Likes

They did unpleasant tests on my eyes that proved I’m not going blind.
Now the unpleasant after effects are starting to wear off so I can participate in the world again. Not looking at things is boring.

10 Likes

YAY!!! :tada:
the forums only let me put in “3” exclamation points. Please know that in my soul it’s approx. 40.

7 Likes

Successfully made beef galbi tonight for the first time.

2 Likes

It was a rough day. I cried. But my husband is sweet and is on his way to get me thai food. Which I haven’t had in months, since we’ve been trying very hard to eat healthy and not spend much (esp on restaurants) and so on.

Another victory was that, while I was freaking out about being in the red, last month we were over the same amount this month we are under. So, so far life with new job is at a break even, even with the high “baby apartment prep and medical” spending we’ve been having. This is better news than I anticipated.

12 Likes

Ten thousand hugs from me. I wish I could squish you in person. :heart:

1 Like

Been looking for a real shirtwaist dress at thrift stores for years. This is an impossible thing to find, and, unsurprisingly, I never have. Until today.

It’s just below mid calf. It’s black and white gingham. It’s fully lined. It fits. The label reads machine wash, tumble dry. It makes me feel like Audrey Hepburn, even if it doesn’t actually make me look like her.

12 Likes

I would like to see a picture if you’re comfortable with that.

My tv: a kitten is asleep on me.

3 Likes

@Smacky I’ll see what I can do about a picture, but laundering comes first because it smells like thrift store,

In my excitement, I forgot the day’s other tv: I got carded. For beer. Unironically.

7 Likes

I got rid of a heap of plants on Buy Nothing and the people who picked them up are our demographic. Doesn’t sound like they’re looking for friends but has totally dissolved my worries about us not having “people like us” nearby, and I feel like we’ll meet those kinds of people in a few years once we have more energy to be social.

Also, I had a delightful nap with my toddler.

4 Likes

I (Okay, SirB helped…) set up extra stuff in our NW tracking spreadsheet so that we can see our monthly numbers sans market forces. It turned out to be easier than my overwhelmed self assumed, since now SirB has a salary paycheck. Means I don’t have to manually chase down contribution numbers every month.

ETA: okay, it will require some manual tinkering when we hit a 3 paycheck month. Eh. It’s better than nothing.

6 Likes

Ewok chattered to himself in bed for an extra half an hour after he woke up, which meant I got to doze in bed until 6am. Amazing!

4 Likes

Hosted a meetup. New living room configuration worked great, and the new bench we got for the hall served as excellent extra seating. Woo! Also, it was fun and went great. :tada:

9 Likes

I went to a meetup. It had plenty of seating. And it was fun!

7 Likes

Tiny victory: My dad picked up a vegan chocolate baked donut for me as I requested, I just ate it, and it was delicious.
Tony victor: He actually got me TWO donuts so I have another for tomorrow!

9 Likes

I also went to a meetup with ample seating and a mellow dog. And I came home with this much free produce/tofu (not from the meetup):

9 Likes

I made a list of totally manageable ways to reduce our spending…
And THEN I went to my parents house for lunch and gave my grandma two hugs and didn’t have a panic attack at all! (Backstory: panic attack every time I’ve left the house the past two weeks).

18 Likes

Yay! I’m so glad the other event worked out.

2 Likes

Percy has grown a fall coat. It’s his best and softest. And his little paws have tufty padding.

6 Likes