Tiny Victories

We planted another tree in our backyard, fertilised another and added mulch to all the pots.

4 Likes

Mr H suggested pizza, which saved me from having to be the one to suggest it.

9 Likes

Usually when one of us in my house suggests pizza the other one is so relieved and responds with something like “oh you dirty bitch” and a big kiss. It’s great to be on the same page, especially when that page involves pizza :pizza:

8 Likes

This is a wonderful occasional occurrence in my household as well.
“What should we have for dinner?”
“We should probably eat like, chicken and vegetables.”
“… I really want pizza.”
“Oh thank god.”

6 Likes

Six people, three dogs and two cats live in my house. My body is a traitor that makes it hard to clean things. Right now a person is cleaning the fuck out of the house, and I don’t feel guilty, just relieved.

It helps that the person has their own disability and marginalization issues that make employment hard to find, is making a living wage, and is using cleaning materials that won’t hurt them or us.

7 Likes

You’re supporting the economy and a friend. :heart: It’s okay to need help.

6 Likes

The friend is actually the owner of the cleaning company. She deliberately only hires people with disabilities from the LGBTTQ* community. Also she is coming back later with magic salve for my terrible rash.

Daisy is very concerned about the vacuuming. She has never seen a vacuum before.

7 Likes

Because one heart was not enough :heart: :heart: :heart:

Also what does the second T stand for? Lesbian Gay Bisexual Trans ? Queer ? I’m guessing the * means “nonbinary” or “if none of the other categories suit you, here’s a * for you”

2 Likes

TT is trans and two spirited. (two spirited is the term for indigenous queer people)
*is a place filler for all the people that don’t fit in those six letters, yeah. There are a bunch of ways to write the GLBT… term, none of them wrong.

5 Likes

This is more of a Queen Victoria royal monarch sized victory but I found a man who is going to come to my house to fix my industrial overlocker rather than the 5 previous places that I called who wanted me to bring over 100lbs of machine to them.

I am so relieved I could cry.

10 Likes

I completely forgot that several weeks ago we were battling a Terrible Sleep Phase, until someone tagged me in a (clearly bogus) miracle sleep product post on FB. It made me feel very grateful that we’re back to sleeping straight through the night, every night.

5 Likes

Oh, and even though Ewok has a cold and is probably infectious, friends still want to bring newborns to my house today?! I don’t understand it, but I do like it because I want to see them!

4 Likes

I’m making potato cheese soup in the middle of August. It’s crazy but it smells amazing.

3 Likes

All our regular meals didn’t sound appealing. SirB made me breaded and fried chicken thigh pieces with franks and blue cheese dip. I’m in heaven.

4 Likes

I have worked out the magic trick to getting me to drink water! Turns out it has to be very warm. I am hydrated!!!

9 Likes

I cuddled newborns but still don’t want one. Double victory!

10 Likes

I have a pizza date tonight with work friend in which we will vent about work. It will be glorious.

And next week I have a cheat day dinner with bestie.

5 Likes

My little dude is singing to the tiny kitten, all in meows. He doesn’t know I can hear him. I like him.

10 Likes

@Smacky you just reminded me that I overheard H singing to Bobbin over the baby monitor. It was Crazy Train but with baby lyrics. It was awesome. He didn’t realize I could hear but I’m so glad I did.

My Queen Victoria from yesterday has gotten even better. The repairman was the sweetest and he taught me all kinds of maintenance stuff to look for on my machine, talked to me about his wife’s needlepoint, the shop they owned together for 25+ years, his yorkie, and a new quilting product they invented together and have patented. It was so cool. Then he only charged me $60. The other shop that wanted me to bring my machine in wanted $300.

Then he told me how to fix the oil leak on my other machine and it is a super simple fix once I get the gasket goo.

Feeling all the gratitude for this today!

10 Likes

Realized a park I thought was further away is actually 100% walkable, even for me right now. And it was a lovely walk that kept me off busy roads. Then I saw happy dogs playing, lots of things were blooming, AND there was a bathroom I could use before heading home. And the podcasts I listened to were good. Excellent outing all in all!

6 Likes