Tiny Victories

I heard the cat start to hork and moved away the bag of un-put-away groceries before the spew.

Am I going to put away the groceries? No. But at least there’s no cat vomit in them.

15 Likes

Just had a series of texts from DSis#3. She’s coming to town soon and bringing 40 lbs. of frozen wild blueberries (our yearly supply), and Swiss chard, hot peppers, yellow beans and basil from her garden! We will pay for the blueberries, but everything else is free! I am so thankful!

I have been very negligent in canning this year, but I will crack out the canning equipment to make more salsa with the hot peppers. I will also put up some basil pesto…depending how much she brings. I will freeze the beans.

13 Likes

Same same!

But I know basically none of their other songs

2 Likes

They’re some of the best lyrics the genre has to offer, hands down. Incredible writing.

2 Likes

Have yall heard the cover of “sound of silence” by Disturbed? I’m not always a fan of them (a bit too much screams, but this song has none). Probably one of the best covers I have heard in a long while.

6 Likes

That is an amazing cover.

I love that cover

Up there with “hurt” as covered by Johnny Cash

5 Likes

That’s one of my top favorites. Along with Zombie by Bad Wolves (though I love the original by the Cranberries too).

2 Likes

That is my favorite cover ever.

Ooh, I’ll have to look for that one.

Watch the video for it.

1 Like

My husband adores the original (he’s a man of delightfully eclectic musical taste), so this was a wonderful gift of music to be able to give. Thank you!

1 Like

TV: I am never the music rec person. Today is my moment of glory.

7 Likes

I’m almost never able to bring music to him. We’ve heavily influenced each other musically since we were 12 years old, and he can remember a song after a single listen, so I never stand a chance :joy: a victory for us both today!

3 Likes

i made this quiche exactly as written. it was fantastic!!

5 Likes

Yea!

2 Likes

i’m getting more confident with my pies! today i made a fluted edge and it was pretty but i forgot to take a picture before eating it.

i may make another quiche tomorrow :laughing:

10 Likes

Yessssss

1 Like

My dog takes many prescription drugs. For some reason, I’ve only been able to get a less than one month supply at a time for one of them for a few years, even though I call his vet and ask for more pills every time I need to ask for more refills. (It’s not a controlled substance or anything like that.) I just picked it up at Costco, and this time they gave me 360 pills, not 90! I am ready to PARTY.

25 Likes