Tiny Victories

Absolutely gorgeous.

2 Likes

This took longer than expected because he was “waiting for parts” (that one can certainly buy a block away at the hardware store) but we now have all new faucets (kitchen, bathroom, shower/tub). There is no longer a stream of water into our tub, and no more minor leaks out the side of the sink handles.

I also took it upon myself to fix our fridge light because I did it last time when we still had the old MIA super and I didn’t feel like waiting for this super to order that part too (it was cheap).

(TC: he hooked up the hot and cold taps backwards in the shower so I am going to have to be very careful as I get used to the new setup!!)

8 Likes

Can’t you ask him to fix it so they are correct? That doesn’t seem like something you should have to get used to.

It’s an old unit in an old building with a lot of stuff that goes wrong, so I like to pick my battles. If it’s functional, I usually let it be.

Our kitchen sink hot/cold has actually been backwards the whole time we’ve lived here (many supers/management companies ago) and we’re so used to it we’ve asked to keep it that way every time we’ve gotten a new faucet, haha. Maybe he misunderstood and thought we also wanted the tub switched.

Anyway, we might mention it next time something breaks and he’s here anyway, or we might get used to it being the same as the kitchen and leave it that way too.

EDIT: After living with the faucets for an evening, my new and bigger complaint is that the new kitchen faucet is shorter than the old one and our water pitcher doesn’t fit underneath it anymore. I’m tempted to go back to my DIY old ways to buy a new one and change it myself. (A much easier swap than the tub faucet, which is in the wall and I don’t know where the water shut off valves are.)

5 Likes

I found my old “weekly produce” cards from the CSA which ran 25 weeks/year. Wanted to use the cards for some planning I have in mind…

They’re not complete. STarted out wondering if I still had the emails… Yes!

Then I was going to make new cards to fill in the blanks, but that is NOT what I want to do, ultimately… so…?

Why not cut/paste the data from the emails into my “Food Planning” calendar I already have set up? That’s what I’ve done with the first 5 weeks. NO paper to keep/track, no checking/rechecking req’d. Just had to note how much I’d done so I can pick it up next time.

Go paperless – go me! For someone who’s the wife of a guy who does electronic document stuff, my first impluse is almost always paper. Part of the reason I still have BOXES of asst. papers!

7 Likes

Yesterday I put some savings into an Ally 6-month 4.9% CD. Today, the interest rate has gone down to 4.8%, so I’ll get an extra, like, $4 at my much better interest rate :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I am working from home today.

15 Likes

You financial mastermind

4 Likes

Realized you can make mug cake with like, three or four tablespoons of a cake mix. Plus you can put some chocolate chips in there.

20 Likes

You can do jam at the bottom too

10 Likes

A glob of peanut butter in the middle never hurt either!

7 Likes

Took nap, even though our bedroom is next to the kitchen and DH was doing 3 different cooking projects

10 Likes

My husband two days ago complimented my ability to nap. It was the best compliment I’ve gotten in a while. Under appreciated skill.

12 Likes

Representaton has come a million miles in my lifetime.

17 Likes

Couldn’t do it at all before kids. Now? I’d give myself a B, B+

6 Likes

This is a finance forum. My credit card cash back increased from 1.25% to 1.5%. I’m going to be loaded! :rofl: But seriously, I’ll take whatever I can get.

24 Likes

the shadowy one’s bird of the day in Merlin was the Green Heron, which we have only seen once before

15 Likes

When I planted my new flower bed this spring, I had taller things in front of shorter and large things too close together because I wasn’t sure how big things were going to get. I just moved all of that around so it will look and grow better next year. It also got watered really well.

17 Likes

related to a tiny complaint

Both my children managed to advocate or problem solve for themselves effectively today.

J2 took himself down to the office to check that he was assigned the correct class (he was not)
J1 solved calling themself an uber despite their phone service not working

26 Likes

That is amazing. Most of the school :poop: is ridiculous comedy of errors nonsense

2 Likes