Tiny Victories

I can’t remember who recommended the book series to me, (maybe @BiblioFeroz ?) but from the Science Comics series I picked up Flying Machines: How the Wright Brothers Soared. At first I thought it would be too involved for Kiddo so I just read it to him at bedtime and he wanted me to keep reading all of it even though there’s a lot of text on some of the pages. I finished it the other night. Tonight at bedtime I was going to start reading but he picked it up and started reading it even though there were plenty of big words in it and lots of names he’s not familiar with. :heart:

He has to do twenty minutes of reading a day but he wasn’t even doing it for that, he just wanted to read the book and he kept going for a little bit even after I said he had done twenty minutes worth and I was going to get myself ready for bed.

17 Likes

Yes, this is the good recipe. Always my go-to. Also her quiche Lorraine if you like bacon. (I actually prefer the spinach but I have family who wants the bacon.) But her quiche base is so good. Cream, not half and half, or (horrors!) milk. And I love that she starts it with softened shallots. Such good flavor. She says you can use a store bought crust, and you can, but homemade tastes a lot a better in my opinion. And it really isn’t hard.

5 Likes

Interest in the reading material is the how kids become good readers!

6 Likes

Omg I want a quiche so bad.

4 Likes

Salmon quiche available here

2 Likes

Come visit me, I’ll take the baby while you nap and we have two types of quiche available rn.

9 Likes

thank you for sharing this! i am going to make it this weekend!

i have some ricotta cheese leftover from the tomato pie i made earlier. do you think maybe there’s an opportunity to sub out some of the cream for ricotta?

5 Likes

Hmmm. It would super change the texture, which is my favorite thing about that quiche. I bet it would be really good as like… dollops? as a main ingredient instead of part quiche base?

(@noitsbecky , you got thoughts?)

5 Likes

No one wants a soggy bottom! Lol

11 Likes

I think it would change the texture but I also think it might be OK.

3 Likes

Linkin Park. New vocalist. Good song. I’m in heaven.

5 Likes

Is it called ‘The Emptiness Machine’?

2 Likes

Yes. Female vocalist, previously of “dead Sara”. Not someone I’d heard of but I’m loving it. Halestorm sound and like Rise Against lyrics. I’m here for it.

4 Likes

I’m listening to it now. It’s awesome. And yeah there’s some definite Halestorm vibes with the lead. I love it.

2 Likes

My brother literally texted me at 12:18am to tell me :joy: my first major concert he took me, Linkin Park/POD/Hoobastank/Story of the Year. My husband is arguably an even bigger LP fan than I am. This is a big day for us :joy:

5 Likes

I’m so glad they didn’t get another male vocalist. They would’ve forever been comparing them to Chester if they did.

Like with Three Days Grace. I am forever comparing the new guy to Adam and he just doesn’t measure up. They should’ve just renamed the band.

But LP were way smarter. They brought in a female vocalist instead, and after 7 long years they are back and it still feels like them.

6 Likes

Excuse I didn’t know you liked rise against!!

3 Likes

The new song is good!

3 Likes

Swing life away is one of my favorite songs of all time. Like, probably spot 2.

5 Likes

My Chicago boiz

4 Likes