Tiny Victories

This pattern does not happen in my house. I wish it did. Damn disability.

13 Likes

Huh, it never occurred to me to send Mr. Meer on the rare occasions I do Buy Nothing or other pick ups. Neither of us works outside of the house, though, which might change the reasoning because it’s impossible for something to be on the way home of a regular commute.

The closest is when we order pizza for take out, we finally decided the person who is opting for pizza instead of cooking is the person who has to go pick it up. Sometimes that results in a very easy at home meal instead of bothering to leave the house again.

10 Likes

Apparently we are atypical in this regard.

Except for the occasional things that are simply too heavy for me to lift, those he picks up. Or anything that requires the pickup truck, since I can’t reach the pedals in the damn thing, or if I arrange everything so that I can (involves pillows behind my back), then I can’t see over the hood.

7 Likes

This is a big part of it–I do not like to drive haha. And these items are too large for the bus

7 Likes

My reason is that I’m home in my house clothes and then would have to get dressed, but usually he’s already out and about :joy:

8 Likes

I don’t send Hubs on errands - maybe I am too much of a control freak.

My house clothes are my outside clothes. Before you get too impressed - leggings / shorts and a tee / hoodie.

4 Likes

This is why I always make partner answer the door for deliveries if he’s home because his house clothes are totally appropriate and mine would require at minimum putting on a bra :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Yes, that’s why I sometimes answer the door in a jacket, even if it’s in the middle of summer :laughing:

6 Likes

Hahahaha I did do a pickup today (I finally have corkboards for my office, so happy!) but D drove me :joy:

10 Likes

TEAMWORK!

4 Likes

Lately my toddler is Too Busy for bedtime books but he absolutely MUST have bedtime songs with mama :heart::cherry_blossom::hibiscus:

17 Likes

I bought a library stamp with our family name on it and it just arrived in the mail!! It’s a placeholder til I can have a custom one made from a Friend Artist but it’s something I’ve wanted for a long time.

17 Likes

After 8 days I finally have internet again!

22 Likes

After a full day’s work, we can park a vehicle in the garage

12 Likes

We weren’t getting hot water and I was like ugh, ANOTHER thing, but it was just the pilot light and D fixed it!

15 Likes

Relatedly, I was thinking the shower in our new apartment was just slightly less hot than I would have liked at the hottest setting. After being here a week, discovered I had never actually turned the water heater on. It is just that hot outside that I didn’t really notice :laughing:

22 Likes

My supervisor is off today which means a meeting I was dreading is cancelled

17 Likes

We contacted our new super about a leaky faucet and he actually arrived the next day to look at the faucet and order a new one?? I’m used to ghost supers and DIY plumbing.

17 Likes

Daughter (4.5) asked to listen to blue whale song during dinner. Idk why but this is hilarious to me. We’re post dinner now and she’s laying on her nugget fort, rocking it gently, listening to whale song.

Kids are so much better at vibing.

14 Likes

I love latte so much

3 Likes