Tiny Victories

All of them.

9 Likes

Second TV: got to pet the community garden cat.

13 Likes

YOU WIN

3 Likes

What a good day!

4 Likes

I feel like a champion.

5 Likes

I am using quick wash and laundry is almost done! Not put away, but that seems like a different issue

6 Likes

Both sets of neighbors paid us for the shared stretches of fence without any issues arising. With one set of neighbors this was a BIIIIIIG possibility, so, very relieved.

21 Likes

I no longer have the Mr Ed theme song stuck in my head! It had been like two weeks on and off. Now I’ve got the hot dog parody of Chapel Roan’s Hot To Go in there. Much better but I do wish my brain could just stop with the songs for a while

11 Likes

Might I propose The Wheels on the Bus?

6 Likes

I was thinking Uptown Funk

5 Likes

@noodle Such an act of aggression at this time in the morning will not stand! Buying a Baby Shark record for Ravi right now!

12 Likes

the way I just GUFFAWED

9 Likes

My most recent edition of this was “the wands on the bus go swish and flick, swish and flick….” Hahahaha

5 Likes

We have a book out from the library that is pirate themed but to the tune of wheels on the bus so… the sharks in the sea go chomp chomp chomp…

5 Likes

I think I have two-ish victories:

I went to my first Pilates class, and I absolutely had a total preconceived notion about Pilates and suuuuch an attitude about it- I’ll be honest, but I really liked it! Truly!
I’m a sucker for structure, good form, and group movement that isn’t crunchy (love yoga but it can be crunchy) and also isn’t dance based.

Second victory isn’t a victory yet .
I’ve been working with my therapist on finding appropriate accommodations for me for all the silly brain and body things I have going on… Most recently after over a year of struggling to get back into reading, she has suggested that I try dyslexia transparencies to see if they help. I’m pretty excited to try them out!

19 Likes

This corn on the cob is spectacular and there are TWO ears for each of us.

12 Likes

Distributed these flyers to pizzerias who have donated gift cards to our raffle fundraiser to help families trying to survive a genocide.

We’ve already raised $1,000 on the raffle alone.

22 Likes

Got my parents (swing state republicans) to vow never to vote Trump. (Well, my mom on behalf of them both, but that’ll stand for my dad too)

(ETA reverse order of texts there)

21 Likes

amazing!

also i don’t understand people who want to vote for trump because they think it will make them richer. when the soil can’t grow food anymore and the power grid goes out continually because no one is investing in it and the weather is going crazy, then why does it matter if you have marginally more money?

folks are measuring the wrong metrics! we live in a society! :joy:

14 Likes

Even ignoring everything else, just look at the economy and the market ETA: to clarify - the current economy and market, which are better than they were 4 years ago).

9 Likes