Tiny Victories

I think everyone is packed for camp(s)

5 Likes

I used some pork chops that have been in the freezer forever, did a mojo kinda marinade (I figured it would benefit from the acid) and made tacos. They turned out delicious and Kiddo has had four.

11 Likes

This trip is still way fancier than I’d have booked myself, but on the other hand, this is my current view from my balcony

21 Likes

Flashfood has cases of Cadbury Creme eggs, for $15/ case of 48.

(my A1C registers this as a tiny complaint, however)

9 Likes

Your A1C can suck (cadbury creme) eggs.

6 Likes

Emma just horked up a hairball but did it on the hardwood floor just next to the rug! Thank you for being so considerate, baby girl.

9 Likes

After work this afternoon, instead of going to a local hardware store to look at a tool he’s considering as an upgrade? DH culled stuff out of his office.

Actually, this is a GREAT BIG victory. The holes from what I’m doing (hauling cataloged books outta here to the storage) is starting to show and I think DH doesn’t want to be the “owner” of all the remaining mess if I keep going. And we did have a conversation about becoming as minimalist as suits us last week.

Just :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

11 Likes

Before, minus the square shade.

After. This one doesn’t seem to flicker in time with the clothes washer (which I now know is on a different circuit breaker from the light)

Bonus victory, I had a longer screw in my garage than the piddly short one they included in I guess a fit of optimism about how far apart things in my ceiling are.

10 Likes

I looked up at our laundry room light, like that, last weekend and realized there was WATER in the bottom of the glass cover! Our dryer puts out a tremendous amount of steam, and I guess that’s where it had gone.

No vent in our laundry room. After we get the squirrels out of the porch, we’ll add one. Obviously, we need it!

But if this fixture is in your laundry, be mindful.

5 Likes

I’ll piggyback on that, and mention that fan motors in laundry rooms are a common cause of house fires- all that lint clogs stuff up. Clean regularly (annually is recommended, take off cover and vacuum everything out) and replace the motor entirely if cleaning doesn’t take away a horrible noise. Don’t use if it’s making a terrible noise. :+1:

9 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Also though you may have already prevented a fire. If it was on a different circuit and flickering with washer rockin, that tells me you may have had a loose connection in there. Loose equals high resistance equals heat equals :fire:

So, well done.

6 Likes

The Wi-Fi was flaky in our second floor bathtub room and Marmalade said sometimes his calls drop in the adjoining office room. Our router is in the basement (has to be there because I wanted the TV hardwired for internet) and we had a satellite unit on the main floor. He wanted me to get another satellite for upstairs.

I was going to get one on eBay but then it occurred to me to try moving the satellite from the main floor to upstairs, and it works! We still have great coverage on the main floor and I just saved $50-60 on an unnecessary device!

12 Likes

they told me it could take 90 days to move the money over, but this morning I got a refund in my account - I had paid the interest owing on the ‘overdue’ payment, and they just gave it back to me without me needing to call and see if I could get it waived. So I just logged in, and afaict it’s complete now, I don’t need to worry or check in on the status any more. (until the next quarterly payment)

14 Likes

Ordered my MIL birthday/mother’s day stuff from uber eats. In time for right day upside down delivery. No way to judge the quality but who cares

11 Likes

I am on vacation for a week.

14 Likes

Set up my 401(k) at my new job, and started the process of rolling over my 403(b) from my last full-time job.

20 Likes

I have had a note in my inbox for almost 2 years that I owe a friend a lunch, and we finally got together again and I could treat her to delicious sushi.

20 Likes

Yesterday visiting MIL for Mother’s Day early I got a notification that I won lottery tix for Six again (third time🤩) for today. I asked if she wanted to go, and she said yes. I learned today on our travels that it was the first time she has taken the train since living in Canada (they have been here over 30 years!), first time to a show in Toronto, and first time sitting so close as we were front row. She loved every second of it.

28 Likes

What a lovely experience :face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes