Tiny Victories

I just said “Yay!” out loud. That’s so exciting!

4 Likes

Cat and I hung out on the porch for a little while.

16 Likes

Quite a pretty view

3 Likes

i went out in the world and drove at night and it was so nice that i kept going just driving around and singing along to beyoncé at the top of my lungs and it was fine! i may have pushed it a little cause i was quite spinny by the time i made it home but i did make it so :+1:

12 Likes

shadowy one set for mmr dose 1 on Friday

8 Likes

Only 3 more days of nanny share at my house

14 Likes

happy 2 year anniversary of leaving full time employment to me

(I didn’t remember, the shadowy one did)

23 Likes

I’m wearing shorts.

It snowed a few days ago but now it’s summer.

9 Likes

My 9am volunteer shift for tomorrow got canceled. Why is that a tony victor you ask? Because it turned out that it was supposed to be an hour of shoveling gravel from a pile into a raised bed.

19 Likes

My birthday cake fell apart coming out of the tin so I was forced to eat lots of yummy crumbs. Might go back for more. Then make some kind of lava to explain it

20 Likes

I had 2 male Indigo Buntings here this morning. I was very excited because I generally have a lot of little brown sparrow and finch type birds, cute but nothing very colorful. I assume I also have females but there were other brown birds out there so I couldn’t tell. I still see them! Fingers crossed they stick around and are not just passing through. :heart_eyes:

15 Likes

Finally made it to Steve in this SATC rewatch. I love Steve :sob:

3 Likes

DH and I spent much of this morning talking about strategies for getting rid of stuff. He found a batch of old cans of… paint, lubricants, etc. and pitched as appropriate.

He went away on an errand, called me. The person who bought the garage in town put out “free” a bunch of filing cabinets, including one really cool, old small drawered one. I went and looked. The thing is solid steel … and I left it.

At nearly 70, I have to choose which heavy, awkward pieces are worth it to me to wrangle around. An old card file, although charming, which weighs probably 100 lbs+ isn’t worth it. I would rather have a new couch or bookcase, NOT a filing cabinet I have no use for!

So, win. DH took a piece with him to donate as well. We have less stuff, and if he doesn’t buy a bunch of supplies or equipment where he’s donating the piece, we will indeed have less stuff.

At any rate, this is different than my/our old acquiring days… and THAT’S the win.

15 Likes

I saw a Baltimore Oriole this morning! I guess It’s my week for new beautiful birds and it makes me so happy.

8 Likes

Interestingly enough? The card file is still there, 2 days later! I did NOT expect that.

2 Likes

We are watching a doctor who episode with a deaf character. Her deafness is integral to the plot. I looked it up and the actor they hired to play this character? She is deaf.

Hiring disabled people to play disabled people is so great.

22 Likes

Dark Chocolate MilkyWay.

8 Likes

A criminally underrated candy bar

2 Likes

I love these! I cannot find them right now (which is probably a good thing with my healthy eating goal). So much better than regular Milky Way - which I do not like at all.

3 Likes

G got a free tik tok shirt. I snatched it to give to my nieces and saw it this morning. It is one of the thick heavy boxy ones I’ve seen somewhere…: maybe Muji? And assumed they were not for me.

TV I was wrong it is for me

11 Likes