Tiny Victories

Also I can tell I’ve been watching too many spinning/wool videos because my brain is translating the clouds into wool roving LOL

7 Likes

Gorgeous. And not helping me out my money towards stuff that isn’t going to Scotland. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I have 2 new laundry baskets! Finally at a price I can stomach (5.99 Canadian Tire)

17 Likes

I had been out of the bath for 2 minutes when my aloe bro leapt to his death from the windowsill.

I’m going to keep him going until spring, then plant him outside. He can have a glorious couple of months as an outside plant and then go out in a blaze of glory.

13 Likes

At a pediatric dentist with Kiddo. Bless all the adults that work in peds that have that fun, upbeat energy while also getting done what they need to do. They are explaining every item they’re using before they use it but using fun kid words (Mr. Splashy, Mr. Sucky, "ice cream air for nitrous, she called it Black Panther polish because he’s wearing a Black Panther shirt.)

21 Likes

Genius! Tbh I want those words used for me and I am Grown

8 Likes

Going to a baseball game tomorrow! (yay but brrrrr) Free tickets from work, so it’s a rare Cubs game

I am working from home today

I think we can do our taxes soon

Peanut butter and jelly English muffin

I didn’t wake myself up at 2am coughing, so maybe this cold is finally subsiding!!

13 Likes

My favorite author is coming out with two new books in the series this year.

17 Likes

Strongly recommend picking up a pack of these to put in the office freezer for times when mood boosting sweets are needed

17 Likes

There was actually on sale Easter candy at my Target!

8 Likes

We did our taxes and we owe less than $800. Whew. Also DH and I made within $200 of each other which is funny to me

16 Likes

I just finished our Fed tax return. We owe $, but it’s DONE.

7 Likes

Finished season two of White Lotus—still kept me guessing right up until the end. I love that!!

5 Likes

Today I was solo parent (after swimming) but my sister came by which was clutch. The Nannyshare host family gave us their outdoor playhouse, delivered at 12:30. I had made lunch early luckily, then the oven delivery guys arrived at 1, finished the install at about 1:30. Went for a walk to get ice cream and solar eclipse glasses, then got back in time for nap time. Baby fell asleep right away (he refused morning nap). Then a buy nothing lady picked up my old worm compost bin. I also somehow managed to shower today? DH was only supposed to be gone through lunch but it’s nearly 4PM. He’s in charge of dinner.

10 Likes

I found chocolate hot cross buns at Bakers Delight (chain bakery). Yesssss. Gonna buy more today.

10 Likes

I did our state income tax return today. They had changed the forms and the tax calculations this year - bastards.

But we get money back. Between owing Fed and state refund we are +$40.

Also paid the Fed tax online. Now I just need to mail the return. I can hand deliver the sate return.

8 Likes

It’s been the shittiest day today…but then I remembered I have really good cake in the freezer so at least I can be in a terrible mood while eating lots of sugar!

16 Likes

We’re going to focus on this part of the receipt where I price matched and got points on coffee to bring it down to 3.86

And not the bit where I missed the $2 for spending $40 before tax by 38 cents. If only I had picked up one more bag of oats.

19 Likes

I made the shredded chicken we need for enchiladas later this week. I am also going to attempt to make the salmon we need for salmon crunch bowls. Maybe we should start batch prepping proteins like this more often

13 Likes

i had a bunch of very old, sad apples in my crisper drawer and had to admit to myself that i was never going to eat them. instead of throwing them out, i peeled them and cut them up and put in a little lemon juice and sugar and cinnamon and made apple sauce! my house smells really good right now and i think it will be great chilled on my yogurt the next few mornings.

16 Likes