Tiny Victories

Taxes submitted and donation forms sent to me by the state of CO also submitted back to the state of CO…the latter is stupid, but hey, at least they’ve got an online portal :slight_smile:. And presumably refunds to be received eventually, although not big ones, which I’m fine with since I don’t really like making loans to the government.

9 Likes

Lmao I had the same thought when posting that.

2 Likes

In dia’s case I think both the pen and sword are super mighty!!!

6 Likes

:black_nib::dagger::muscle:

7 Likes

We could design a coat of arms for you!

5 Likes

Ugh I’m actually working on that and it’s hard.

6 Likes

I want to make a coat of arms for my house. Suggestions for where to start?
House name is House Farts and Tarts

10 Likes

I believe in you.

4 Likes

Hmm. This will take some thinking.

For farts, there are a few ways forward:

1. Focus on moving air (for example, there is known heraldic imagery with a human/spirit’s head blowing air out – represents wind)
  2. Focus on butts (which afaik are not accepted heraldic imagery, but peaches are!)

For tarts… nude women are known imagery as well.

So maybe a nude woman holding a peach in her hand?

8 Likes

This is hilarious :rofl: ty. The tarts originally referred to the baked good but the double meaning is also chuff worthy

8 Likes

She could hold a pie in her other hand?

6 Likes

https://coamaker.com/

This is a start. But I think a tart with a whole peach emerging and steaming guarded by loyal dumb cats really encapsulates things

13 Likes

You are a genius

4 Likes

The whole thing is different shades of orange

5 Likes

Partner has offered to make my design into a tapestry. Perfect.

10 Likes

Paint it onto wood and hang it over the front door.

4 Likes

I spent money! We had a short city break planned and without telling DH I upgraded us to a suite. It wasn’t a huge amount extra and I thought having two rooms would be good because he chills by watching TV and I like to read in peace.

We’ve reached a point in life where we need to find a balance between still being sensible about money and spending to our values while also enjoing the results of years of being sensible. It’s not an easy balance to achieve but this was a great call and the views from the suite were brilliant.

And now I’ve done two days in a small city and am very content to be home where I can’t see another house.

23 Likes

I defeated the pokemon league :sunglasses: brilliant diamond.

10 Likes

If I’m sick I get to put all the honey in my tea, right? Right.

18 Likes

Yes.

3 Likes