Tiny Victories

The throw pillows are gone.

14 Likes

The way I cackled at this.

I love throw pillows. I want nothing more than to make big nests of pillows with myself in the middle, perfectly supported by tastefully designed fluff.

6 Likes

A few well placed throw pillows are fine.

But when I had to move a pillow anytime I wanted to sit on any surface? Excessive.

(I sent a photo of the staged bed to a friend who is very into pillows and throws and decor, and his response was “That right there is an IKEA associates wet dream.”)

11 Likes

Anytime I have throw pillows they all end up on the floor. I just don’t understand how to use a couch when there are throw pillows? But I am also tall person with a tall dog, we take up most of the couch real estate with our legs :joy:

5 Likes

I don’t want to sit facing forward or sideways. I want to be at a 45 degree angle to the couch. I need a cushion to support this. Optimal comfort.

8 Likes

Cat attachment requires throw pillows for optimal napping (I am also a short person and he weighs 11lbs)

13 Likes

I do have one big pillow to lay propped up on, but all of the other ones just end up on the ground

3 Likes

I bring throw pillows out for the couch when my MIL visits. (I’m nearly a foot taller than her). I think height and pet size def plays a role here!

2 Likes

also functionality of pillows - these were all for staging, and therefore were Not To Be Used (And all the functional ones had been put away)

5 Likes

Those are the WORST. My grandma had these terrible crunchy stiff Beaded ones that existed solely to remind people not to actually use the historic couch :nauseated_face: hard pass there.

7 Likes

We have 5 throw cushions on our sofa. Tall people visit and be like, “What am I supposed to do with these?! :joy::rofl::joy:. I tell them to just toss them out of their way.

Me? I’m short with back and hip issues. I need two cushions just to get comfortable on the couch. If I have a nap on the couch, I need three. The other two are for symmetry…or if I want to lay down on my other side. :joy:

4 Likes

My surgery that I thought would be $8-10K is fully covered and won’t cost me anything.

33 Likes

My tomato plants look sturdy and strong and healthy.

Also I harvested some greens today from my garden.

15 Likes

Yayyyy

2 Likes

I was going to order Mabel’s Label’s today, cause we will need new ones soon and they have a massive sale on right now. Couldn’t find my credit card, so had to wait and come back to it.

Later, saw a bonus code for 20% off Mabels Labels - and it could be stacked against the sale!

(Canadians, not sure if it’s still good or not, but EXTRA20 if you are looking to order)

15 Likes

Really productive work day, including a lunchtime shower, even though the baby is home sick. Also ordered hot dogs for lunch

11 Likes

My Guinea Pig is home

14 Likes

I am a master of signing paperwork. All fear me.

18 Likes

This is so Chicago :rofl: How many other cities do people order hot dogs in?

4 Likes

The pen Is mightier….

2 Likes