Tiny Victories

Yes, that’s the best!

4 Likes

After years of having to travel 3-7 floors away in a crowded elevator to refill my water bottle at work, they are finally installing a water fountain on my floor :raised_hands:

17 Likes

I live the same distance from the county dump as Nabisco. If there’s a smell, 90% of the time it’s the dump.
But tonight it’s nilla wafers. :heart_hands:

22 Likes

I am home

24 Likes

I signed up to volunteer at a race starting at 4:30 am on Saturday and was just told I don’t actually have to be there until 7:00 at the earliest. Incredible.

20 Likes

I just realized what Becky Chambers books remind me of!

They make me feel like I do when I read a Mary Oliver poem. Connected and nostalgic and hopeful and purposeful all at the same time.

11 Likes

Well, that would tally with me absolutely adoring both of them. A psalm for the wild built, definitely has Mary Oliver vibes

5 Likes

I bought this in e-book form for my husband for Christmas. He hasn’t read it yet, he’s finishing up Revelation Space (long af and dense). Becky Chambers is definitely not his usual vibe AT ALL, but I’m hoping he’ll like it.

3 Likes

Oh! I just started reading again and this is one of the first books I read. It was decent! I agree, a little Mary Oliver spiced for sure.

5 Likes

I admired a set of nicely framed postcards a friend had hanging up and she offered me the other postcards that came in the pack!

6 Likes

I won lottery tickets for Six for the second time. I took a girl from work who has been entering faithfully every day and has never won. It was a lot of fun, and they were front row!

20 Likes

So jealous! The Broadway recording is such a blast.

4 Likes

I thought of getting through the extra greens today, the day before the CSA will give us the same amount, again, which ends up with most of it becoming expensive green slime in the fridge! :scream_cat:

I have as of now, dried spinach, the chard is started, the kale is prepped. I also made stock: old parsley, lettuce, and the microgreens in addition to any tiny pieces of spinach, chard, and kale (They dry too small and are a PITA to get off the screen (or fall through) and get into a bottle!)

Anyway, the CSA is tomorrow. And I thought of it – today. And THAT is my victory!

8 Likes

I walked about 2km this morning, for work. That’s my exercise for the day complete, on company time (legit for work - I had to measure 275m from each stop signs, so there and back, on two legs, and 140 metres there and back on the other two legs)

12 Likes

Blood re-draw confirmed I was in fact just dehydrated and don’t have lasting kidney function loss from my first birth. :tada:

25 Likes

I did basic tasks in spite of Tired. I did not start more laundry earlier and it’s not my night to cook so now chill till bedtime.

8 Likes

Two weeks from today and I’m on vacation for 8 weeks. And it’s not even 2 full weeks since I’m borrowing a holiday on Monday from the Mexico team (worked through the last US holiday since the people I was working with were primarily in Mexico so it made more sense for me to be online then), and I apparently have 1.5 days off for generic mental health that must be used <sometime very soon>.

13 Likes

Most of my garden has survived the summer!

12 Likes

Last night was the first night this year that I was able to sleep with all of the windows all the way open – I’ve had one or two cracked on warm evenings, but having them all open all night feels like a victory for spring time :seedling:

12 Likes

The first 5 lots are ready to be delivered to the auction house! Emails have been sent…

Between DH’s work and trying to get this place ready for major upgrades: windows, painting, floor sanding/finishing, etc. we are super busy this summer.

Anyway, 5 hardcover lots done! Not a major chunk of the 1,000 books (< 50) but still it’s the first piece. I have 10 paperback lots to do, that will take a lot longer, the boxes hold about 20-30 books each, instead of 7-10.

10 Likes