Tiny Victories

My in laws have had a fire alarm chirping for a week and I do not understand how they tolerate it???

12 Likes

Oh my god. They are my antithesis.

8 Likes

When I was in my late teens I lived in Mexico, where the geckoes chirp. Prior to that I’d never lived somewhere with a smoke detector capable of chirping.

When the smoke detector in my apartment upon my return to Canada started chirping I drove myself crazy looking for the gecko that had to be in my apartment. A guest enlightened me.

A house gecko I would be more fun but wouldn’t keep me safe.

16 Likes

Had a surprise complex social interaction with a neighbor and feel like I did really well and was very supportive of her. Giving myself an A in person-ing for that one. Well done self.

17 Likes

I sang in a concert today that I expected to be fine to nice and it was super duper amazing and I had a huge endorphin rush and now I am exhausted

17 Likes

We ended up doing family yard work and Kiddo stayed out for more than five minutes for once.

Despite his usual strong indoor kid energy, he was actually out and engaged with what we were doing (adult size pruners, kids size rake and hoe, very small adult gloves). He enjoyed it and thought maybe weeding could be his job when he grows up (bahahaha) so when we were done I gave him some extra chore money, more than he usually makes per chore, to keep him excited about it.

13 Likes

I am in Thailand

20 Likes

Send pics???

2 Likes

Bless grocery pickup. Putting in an order as we drive home from a trip to pick up this evening. So much easier.

7 Likes

I basically only go into a store now if I need avocados or mangos because shoppers cannot pick ones that are the correct ripeness.

4 Likes

We filed our taxes in Feb. The earliest we’ve ever managed it. At one point I was 5 years late… :scream_cat:

My ultimate goal is to have EVERYTHING up to date 1/31 of the following year, to get and keep it up, as an ongoing effort. Getting there, slowly.

The February return is a milestone! :balloon:

13 Likes

I gambled $50 last night and left with $63. I’m a Big Winner!! :rofl: I’m actually happy to come out ahead at all. I would still prefer not to be here but it is not terrible, my hotel room is very nice and probably half the size of my house.

17 Likes

I got a swag bag at my conference today that sells for $359. Whoa. I’m only familiar with a couple of the brands. I had to post a selfie on instagram with the company hashtags to get it but I deleted it immediately after.

17 Likes

Also today is my 5th anniversary on OMD and I just want to say that I love this place.

26 Likes

I’m glad you are here

5 Likes

After 36 hrs of puppy :poop: :poop: every 1-2 hrs, we slept 7 hrs last night! Still have :poop: :poop: issues but things are looking up

14 Likes

Glad you and cutie cat are here!

3 Likes

I forgot about a giant load of laundry…. But in the dryer not the washer :tada::tada::tada:

13 Likes

Poor Oliver. And poor you.
Metronidazole is your friend - see if your vet will give you a stash to help with the squirts.

Also pumpkin helps (oddly helps too loose and too solid).

4 Likes

Nice!! I like the Hibar shampoo bars and think they will be my go-to going forward. Not just because they work great, but the shape is very functional as well!

4 Likes