Tiny Victories

My mother is worried about me meeting an Internet Stranger ™ and I successfully dodged giving her an excessive amount of information about my adult solo travels by explaining that Partner would know if I dropped out of contact and was mysteriously kidnapped.

17 Likes

It’s an English speaking country and dozens of internet strangers would move heaven and earth to rescue you.

Plus you’re a competent adult.

12 Likes

YUP. Also partner lived in said country for 2 years and has a million contacts LOL.
Also I’m 35.
:rofl:

13 Likes

ALSO a LIL BABY MEETING INTER

8 Likes

I used to work with someone who did a solo trip to Iceland. Her mom insisted that she call when she got back to the hotel room each night, which she did … and then she went out again because it was summer and still daylight for ages. She was also mid-30s.

8 Likes

Yeahhhhhhh no.

5 Likes

G has a friend, so I assume mid 40s, who is an adult in a different continent from his parents. The elderly dad does regular check ins so this grown up man has to be home by 830, not go to the woods, and a bunch of other rules.

6 Likes

Heaven forbid anyone tell her about dating apps or any of the other zillions of ways people meet Strangers from the Internet these days. :roll_eyes:

I’ve been meeting internet strangers since I was…13? and did my first ever nanowrimo meetup lol.

I hope your trip is amazing!!

11 Likes

Completed one of my “get it done December” things that I didn’t get done in December :tada:

17 Likes

DH reupped my breakfast burrito stash

11 Likes

the sparkly shifty eyeshadows i ordered in post-christmas/pre-birthday sales finally came in the mail and they are so beautiful :smiling_face_with_tear:

16 Likes

I made our tax appointments for next month already. The receptionist was impressed that I thought of it. I’m just GLAD I thought of it. Our taxes usually take 2-3 appointments, although this time it may be less than that, as we had talked to him, 2x mid year, because of our financial changes: retirement, not, and other questions.

In knocking around this morning, I found another resource for the truly broke and we have a friend who qualifies. He and his disabled son were living with another son. The non-disabled son is moving out, so his rent is suddenly 1/3 bigger and of course his minimal income hasn’t grown…

10 Likes

Right around the end of January all the strawberries I see in stores are from Mexico and they must be in season around this time because if I’m diligent I can find 1-2 incredible pints. Today’s pint was the winner! Yummmm

14 Likes

I did an enriching thing for small child, and also groceries! 2 things one day!

And I found children’s laxative gummies!

17 Likes

after many hours on the phone, i got health insurance for my husband and me that is going to cost us $.99/month, and it has an out of pocket maximum of $1200/year. i am so relieved i could cry.

28 Likes

I remembered my meds every day this week

20 Likes

MS Teams is basically down and honestly I love that no one can ping meeeee

20 Likes

I got approved for the disability tax credit and today they let me know that they are going through my last 5 years of tax returns to apply the credit retroactively.
$$!!!

35 Likes

Thank you for sharing this victory, which reminded me to take my own meds.

8 Likes

Same, but for some reason, one of my coworker’s pings keeps coming through as a new one, so I keep having to check it to see if it is a legit new one or if it is that same one being recycled over and over again….

7 Likes