Tiny Victories

So the plow can push a ton of snow and ice into the end of your driveway :tired_face:

5 Likes

Rare snowy day so a ton of neighborhood kids are at the local park sledding. An older lady stopped by as me and a neighbor were rocking our babies and chatting. She told us she moved here over 20 years ago and she’s never seen so many young families out playing as she has the last year or two. Neighbor friend told her I’d put a lot of effort into organizing a play group and connecting people and credited me with getting everyone outside. The lady turned to me and said “well thank you then, you’ve made our neighborhood so much more vibrant” and I just :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::heart:

30 Likes

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

all around kjfkladjfa this makes me happy

6 Likes

You never know the impact of one person on another. It’s true what is said about one person beginning the ripples in the pond. We all affect someone somehow. It’s one reason Gandhi’s quote “Be the change you want to see.” resonates so strongly with me. Good on you @Bracken_Joy !

7 Likes

Thank you! It’s definitely outside my comfort zone to ask random neighborhood acquaintances for their numbers and all that stuff but it’s shaping up to be one of the best things I’ve done! For me, and my kids!

9 Likes

lol no I was at a cabin! So needed it to see where the road was to leave :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

That’s good. Friday we had the drive all cleared. Then the snowplow pushed a 3-4 foot wide X 2-2.5 foot tall ridge of snow into the end of our drive. :tired_face:

6 Likes

I put away all but about 20 pieces of LEGO and the completed projects, and did some toy rotation.

12 Likes

DH made banana choco chip muffins!

6 Likes

Got word from MIL that Ravioli has ascended the first flight of stairs in their townhouse. Alone (supervised lol). :astonished:

20 Likes

Ravioli ate salmon with gusto tonight! Great day for that kid lol

14 Likes

Two victories: got a little job search nibble with a company asking for my writing portfolio. And just sent in my quarterly estimated tax payment right before the deadline.

20 Likes

A very productive day. Not work-wise, I haven’t accomplished much at work beyond attending a couple meetings and sending a few emails about things I’ll need to offload while on sabbatical, but anyway:

• Cat vet+dental scheduled
  • All IRA stuff for 2024 squared away
  • Local broadband internet install scheduled
  • Weekend trip for upcoming Broadway show with friends arranged, my part covered with points
  • Found out that part of the (unnecessarily expensive, but parent is making the arrangements) upcoming international trip can be put on a 5% back card rather than 2%
10 Likes

Finally got all spices and canned goods put away…and they fit in my cabinets (just moved into a new apartment). The kitchen feels so good now!

18 Likes

I realized earlier this week that I hadn’t seen the school photos of J2 that I had ordered in early December. I found the receipt, which said they would be sent to me directly.

I used their message bot this morning, and apparently our order was sent to the school in the middle of December. Since I haven’t seen anything, they are re-printing and sending me replacements. It was a surprisingly painless process

13 Likes

I had really shitty job changes this week, BUT a Tiny Victory is that my shittiest, worst coworker is no longer on my team and I don’t have to deal with his bullshit ever again!

24 Likes

Just coordinated getting a custom piece of art created for someone as an award :muscle:

20 Likes

This morning I confirmed my suspicion that Oliver is part cat when he came running and danced around when I “pspspsps-ed” at him to see what would happen :joy_cat: :joy_cat:

16 Likes

He is a very good cat!

3 Likes

Filed my tax return with 10 days to spare :tada:. For someone who works in accounts I probably should know better than to leave it this late but it’s done and we should get some money back :crossed_fingers:t2:

11 Likes