Tiny Victories

@Smacky, I have an appointment with my family doctor over the DTS form in February. I have no idea whether I qualify or not. But a retired nurse friend asked me why I wasn’t getting it. So I’m inquiring about it.

5 Likes

The criteria is all on the form, and is explained online. I don’t have a link in front of me but Google knows. I got rejected for it before but my new doctor re applied for me and it was approved.

I went through the process for my kid and it was easy. The process for me was much more difficult.

5 Likes

You may have just solved the mystery of the meeting I was unable to run from the hospital this morning.

5 Likes

The teams mess was utterly hilarious this morning at work…along with the usual individual/meeting/small group chats we’ve got one massive chat ongoing with a couple hundred people across 5-6 different countries. There are usually no more than a couple dozen messages a day (basically it’s everyone in the labs doing hardware debug, and the chat is how we can flag things that everyone needs to know quickly), but with teams being so messed up no one could tell what was going where so the various labs were just posting random pictures/memes/quotes and tracking when they showed (and where. and how often they rearranged. there were graphs). Pretty sure it would have been just as productive if an extra holiday had been declared

7 Likes

I had purchased a phone case for a Samsung S23 phone last Black Friday because I knew it was the phone I wanted. I ordered an S23 last week but it ended up out of stock and I ended up with a deal on an S24 instead, but the dimensions are different and the case I bought won’t work for it.

I checked recently and it’s still covered under extended holiday returns so I have until Feb 1st to return it!

8 Likes

My Neato robotic vacuum batteries used to crap out after about a year. The software would just decide that since it wasn’t performing optimally that it was time for replacement. I used to fake it out and pretend that I had installed a new battery and would get maybe another 6 months out of it, but I would keep having to reset it.

However, my latest Neato purchased in Dec 2019 doesn’t have this issue and I bought a battery in 2020 in anticipation of having to replace it. Finally it looks like the battery is getting old. I got almost 3 extra years out of it!!

10 Likes

I almost forgot to start the roast chicken for dinner on time but remembered just in time! Which is important because my other meals this week depend on the leftover chicken.

10 Likes

Inspired by the successful (probably) removal of the auto renewed Master Class charge, I unsubscribed from several email lists.

When I get up to 100 or more “promotional” emails at a time, it’s time to do a purge…

7 Likes

Saw two great horned owls! Happened to hear them chatting to each other while I was taking ut the trash and so went to investigate. Some other folks actually heard the owls land on their chimney and so were outside as well, and they pointed me in the right direction to look! Super cool

16 Likes

Oh my gosh that’s so cool!

2 Likes

Stole the rugs back after hubby had hogged them in his sleep. Ha. (I allowed him half).

3 Likes

I ID’d a bird on sight that I didn’t realize I knew. (Ruby crowned kinglet)

9 Likes

Got my royalty statement and < $5 for the last pay period. Such is the life of a “rich” author, right?

Sold an item at the antique store as well yesterday, which helps.

7 Likes

Husband’s favourite camping knife was not put away last time it was used, which meant it was on his desk and not in the glovebox of the truck where it normally lives.

14 Likes

That is great news! I hope there weren’t too many things in the truck

2 Likes

I finally got my cast iron perfectly seasoned and it makes over easy eggs like a charm.

14 Likes

My dads truck was stolen 20 years ago and he still complains about the “fuzzy” (fleece jacket) that was in there. :pleading_face:

12 Likes

I’m still mad about the gardening tools that were in the car that was stolen in 1982.

9 Likes

The Flirt is going to meet me at the train station on Thursday afternoon! :3 I wont have to figure out the busses on my own LOL

19 Likes

AAAAAAAH YAY

5 Likes