Tiny Victories

I am doing much better at being positive. After decades of hurting, etc. and the doom/gloom that came with that, it’s a new challenge to push myself into being more positive or just less negative.

But I’m noticing and doing it. So yay me! :trumpet:

17 Likes

Got Kiddo out of the house to school with the minimum of fussing the first Monday back after winter break. :tada: :tada: :tada:

9 Likes

Go you! Negativity is a hard habit to break, but you are doing it.

2 Likes

I checked when the gift receipt was good for on the book I was given for the family gift exchange and discovered that it expires on the 10th, so we were just under the wire. As we had no other plans for the afternoon’s walk, we made our way to the mall to return the book and drop off a bag of textile recycling.

11 Likes

Noticed the coupon for Allegra D expires TODAY before TODAY was over. Also, this loan was extended through June

16 Likes

The big dining room to playroom overhaul has restored some of my mental calm. It was in transition for a few months and I just had to breathe through it but the rug was the last big piece. Yesterday as he was walking by DH said, “this room really does look great now.” I agree!! I am really good at envisioning what a space can be and then making it happen. I don’t like the messy middle too much, but who does lol. And how my spaces look has always fed directly into how frazzled or at peace I feel. Taking a moment to pat myself on the back before I start the next project!

21 Likes

Now they are offering me comp time to work extra hours (I’m not eligible for OT). This dept is struggling

18 Likes

I finally spent the $3 for some new bobby pins, so now I don’t have to look under the couch/bed/rugs when I’m trying to leave the house :raised_hands:

16 Likes

Check from USPS for lost Christmas gifts actually arrived! They agreed it was lost and that they’d pay the insurance claim, but I was expecting it to take months.

Of course, another package is now randomly bouncing around who knows where, but at least this one is a sock return for Darn Tough warranty stuff so arrival time doesn’t matter much (and if it does get lost I know how to file a post office claim so I’ll end up with new socks one way or the other).

15 Likes

got the last box of table salt on the shelves after visiting 6 grocery stores over the past week

14 Likes

Remember the saga of my new wool blanket that was stitched terribly and started coming undone after one wash? She’s back from mending! Excited to put it on the bed. Nervous to wash it. But I need to get over feeling precious about what amounts to decorative stitching.

16 Likes

No wakeups last night due to being too hot or too cold. Astounding!! Realized I purchased what amounts to a flat adult woolino :laughing:

17 Likes

It’s amazing how well you can sleep when you get the covers just right. Congratulations!

6 Likes

I asked the shadowy one to follow up again about the refund on the transfer fee on their tfsa, and the support team identified that the request had not been tagged properly for review (it sat in the non queue for months), and we should get the $75 within a week.

9 Likes

TBH I would buy an adult woolino. But if price scaled to size it would probably be like $1000

6 Likes

Pretty sure I need one of these. Husband has a winter weight duvet, I have a folded sheet and a cheap synthetic blanket and I still get too hot sometimes. My thermostat is broken.

4 Likes

Wool is magic!

4 Likes

I am having a great time at a cabin with my best friends and I don’t want to go home tomorrow!!

15 Likes

If you were here - you would be snowed in! Don’t worry about having to leave, focus on every minute of fun.

3 Likes

Lots of snow where I am too! Waiting for a plow to come by haha

4 Likes