Tiny Victories

Well too bad it’s limited, but yeah definitely the best time of year for that change! Yay!

3 Likes

A dog nail snagged my favorite sweater a little and I was able to massage it back to normal.

14 Likes

woohoo!! This is great news!

2 Likes

Last week, I went to the market intending to get butter. Before the holiday, I went to go buy some Euro. fermented type for $4.99/lb, which is cheap for this brand, but they were out and I got a raincheck.

When I went last week, they had it on further mark down, at $3.49/lb – I guess they overbought it?

So I bought 5 lbs of butter, instead of my normal 3 which I get when it’s on sale and I got it cheaper than the raincheck? That happens like NEVER!!! :open_mouth:

14 Likes

I’ve been really trying to cut down grocery costs, and shop only sale flyers and stock up when things are the cheapest. This week, one of my stores had boneless skinless chicken breast for 97 cents a pound. I bought 10lbs which was the limit, and the butcher packaged it incorrectly and forgot to put a price on at least half of it. I didn’t notice until I was checking out, and I told the cashier and asked her if she could charge me for the difference but she just said not to worry about it, so I got 10lbs of chicken breast for $5!

22 Likes

I’m glad the universe is making up at least a little bit for all the bullshit thrown your way!!

7 Likes

I found a ham just before Christmas for $0.97/lb, much to my surprise! When I looked at another market, I found they also had ham, cheap. I never knew cheap ham was a thing before Christmas, but I’ll sure look this Dec.!

5 Likes

Oh yeah, Christmas ham is the best! I always get at least one to cut up and freeze, and then make bean soup with the bone. This year one of the stores had a “must purchase $25 of additional groceries to get the 97 cents a pound price” which I thought was ridiculous, but luckily another store had it for 97 cents with no restrictions. They also go on sale around Easter!

7 Likes

and it’s on sale for 50% off right now near us, especially in neighbourhoods that have a high proportion of residents that don’t historically celebrate Christmas

My food TV today is that I ordered a roast online for pickup this morning, and it fell through the cracks at the local ethical butchers, so they weren’t ready when we arrived. They only had a 3lb cut immediately available, so they gave it to us and honoured the price we originally prepaid for a 2lb cut.

9 Likes

Tonight the children and I all went to the dentist for cleanings At The Same Time.

As in, J1 went off into a room by themself with the hygienist, and did not require an emotional support mother.

17 Likes

That’s a great milestone!

2 Likes

I got an InstantPot for Christmas and have done the water test successfully and have a batch of beans cooking. So far I have not blown myself up or melted my face off :crossed_fingers:

15 Likes

Thats amazing! I can’t even do that consistently!

3 Likes

Scored an under bed storage bin for under the crib to keep Ravioli from crawling under there to mess with the monitor cord/plug. Plus, a place to put some clothes that aren’t fitting just yet, or toy rotations? Not sure yet. Best part? Someone answered my ISO on BN and she’s dropping it off!!

14 Likes

I need to get some of these.

5 Likes

I made a herbed chicken/rice dish I only kind of had a recipe for or an idea what I wanted to do…

but it got rave reviews from DH and I thought it was good too! :yum:

10 Likes

Write down what you did now! I have done this before, and then forgotten my genius the next time I wanted to make it.

6 Likes

I found a gift card I never redeemed and it has $50

18 Likes

I can put both kids to bed, by myself, without breastfeeding!

I could go on vacation or something

24 Likes

Good idea! :bulb:

1 Like