Tiny Victories

Out with the old, in with the new.

22 Likes

Happy New Year everybody! We made through another year with all its challenges and successes - here’s hoping for more of the latter in 2024! :clinking_glasses::tada:

12 Likes

Closed the first move ring in 2024!

7 Likes

Finally did a thing that has been kicking my anxious procrastinaty bum for weeks. It’s still going to be a sh*t show but at least I’ve done my bit. :tada:

12 Likes

Did a walk this morning AND went to the gym this afternoon. Booyah!

8 Likes

On my 10 minute break, I asked What would make the most difference to me? Since I just moved, the place is chaos. But this question helped me sort out my biggest priority (that could be done in 10 min).

Thanks to past me for consuming copious amounts of decluttering/organizing/minimalism/cleaning media. And I thought it was just a hobby!

FTR, I put a box and a few loose objects in a closet and got them out of the walkway.

11 Likes

my MIL got us a gift certificate for a local store that has several locations across the city. She didn’t realize when she was buying, but the gift cards are location specific, and she bought us a card for a location which is almost an hour away by transit. I emailed the two stores, and they’re going to figure out how to swap the card’s home base for us.

20 Likes

Joined Planet Fitness - did my first weights workout today :weight_lifting_man:

12 Likes

Received a late Christmas gift card for Bulk Barn. Looking forward to some interesting and/or healthy food from there!

5 Likes

Several:

Created a budget for my personal finances, and I actually have extra income over expected expenses for once!

Checked the gift card situation since the Bulk Barn ($20) one came in. Sitting on Dollarama ($25), Canadian Tire ($10) and Ultimate Dining ($10). They are from our points credit card.

Decided to leave the gallery representing me, because they weren’t really. Emailed them and we arranged pick up of my work next week.

9 Likes

thanks to covid, doctors have figured out what landed my 20-something niece in icu when she was an infant, and will be better set up to treat future babies

20 Likes

Wait whaaaaaat I need to know more!

6 Likes

My dog’s TV: mom lap time two days in a row. Especially since the baby needs worn and won’t let us sit down during naps, my one remaining time she used to get to sit on me for cuddles (Big kid’s quiet time) has been gone. But a weird day yesterday baby slept hard and let me sit during QT, and then this morning husband is gone so instead of my pre-kids wake up workout, she’s getting some lap time. Lucky pup.

15 Likes

she got Covid, and her body’s response to it repeated the pattern that landed her in the ICU as an infant, and they found some genetic markers that they hadn’t considered would be part of that maladaptive physical response.

It’s reasonable that they didn’t do that testing 20 years ago, but she’s been part of many followup studies her whole life as they tried to figure out what happened. It turned out they needed her body to do the thing again to look in the right places.

20 Likes

Oh that’s fascinating! And it sounds very unique which explains why I haven’t seen a medscape write up on it yet. I’m sorry she had that experience, but very glad someone was paying attention and can use that knowledge to help others!

13 Likes

I’ve been helping out a generalist department, and the management decided I don’t need to come into the office on an analyst schedule while I do so. So that means I come in ONE DAY A MONTH instead of twice a week!!!

31 Likes

Sweet!

2 Likes

Yay!

2 Likes

holy muppets that’s a big difference!! Is this an indefinite or limited time change?

3 Likes

limited time, but hopefully will get me through the worst of the winter! I am so pumped to stay in my warm house instead of venture out in February!

9 Likes