Tiny Victories

If this comes up again, you can also throw them in the dishwasher then scour anything remaining (if anything) before seasoning.

2 Likes

I did consider the dishwasher. Normally cast iron I’d never, but this was already a recovery mission.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve done it on antique market finds, but wouldn’t put my own in

2 Likes

I just read some heartbreaking Facebook comments about living paycheck to paycheck and I am relieved that is not my life anymore. I do wish it wasn’t anyone’s

10 Likes

I remembered to set all the alarms that have been off for the past week. (Wake up, leave for school, pick up from school, different pick up alarm for half day, afternoon reminders, etc. etc.) I even remembered to check tomorrow’s weather and have Kiddo pick out a shirt at bedtime so that makes tomorrow morning that much smoother.

12 Likes

I vacuumed the cat tree like I said I would do today.

9 Likes

I took tomorrow off work so I will have time with an empty house to blast Christmas music and start the decorations before my pulmonologist appointment.

14 Likes

My little neighbourhood hardware co-op is so cool. I have a piece of glass I need cut to size. I went to the store but they weren’t open yet so I tucked the glass between a few things near the back door and left. Just now I phoned and told them where I left the glass and what size I need.
Home Depot wouldn’t be cute like that. And they don’t cut glass, I think.

16 Likes

After 6 months in this house I finally realized where the silverware basket in the dishwasher really goes, and I feel like it’s going to be a huge life upgrade. Lol

14 Likes

Is this applicable to all dishwashers? Please share!

3 Likes

Probably not! It was balanced precariously on some little prongs on the bottom rack, but it actually fits onto the door. I stared at it for several minutes and had an epiphany!

7 Likes

Ohhhhhh. I think I’ve seen that before! (Though our dishwasher wasn’t cleaning properly so has been an expensive dish rack for a while now…)

1 Like

If anyone likes puzzles from Bits and Pieces, they currently have a lot of items on sale, PLUS 20% off, PLUS free shipping over $39.99. I believe it gets applied automatically. Most of them went from like $14 to $6. I just ordered some to be sent to my mom as a little surprise gifty.

4 Likes

The fancy grocery store had the vegan soy free unsweetened cream alternative I liked when I had to go dairy free with my eldest. It doesn’t break and clump the way the one I’ve been using does. :tada:

As a third (or fourth, depending on how you count) kid, my baby book is two anecdotes, a photo of me with a cake, and one lock of hair. I grew up promising myself I’d give my kids the same level of detail as the oldest kid in their baby books if I could manage it. So far I’ve been able to :tada: I use the promptly “childhood journals” which work well for my brain, and I’ve done all the pregnancy pages and up through 2 months now for kiddo number 2. Also been doing her milestone photos like I did for kid 1. (I dropped doing FB posts and anecdotes since I don’t use FB for social stuff much anymore, and that’s not anything that the kids access in the future). Proud of myself for sticking to my guns but also identifying and dropping what doesn’t matter.

14 Likes

I’m doing hella chores today. Applesauce in the crock pot, two loads of laundry in progress, going to vacuum and then shower!

8 Likes

in clearing out the papers on the kitchen table I discovered the offer I was holding on to as evidence for asking Rogers to match the Bell internet pricing had expired Oct 31.

And today in the mail, yet another offer for the same amount.

6 Likes

My boss brought her dog in to work. :heart: He weighs 177 pounds.

19 Likes

WHAT A SMUSH

3 Likes

I love him. Please tell him I love him.

5 Likes

Yowsa! Does he do the big dog lean into you to get pats and pets?

6 Likes