Tiny Victories

My husband comes home TONIGHT!

16 Likes

It’s so sunny I can’t stop smiling about it!

12 Likes

Starting to look at trip packing lists for January and I need binoculars. Looked at buying some, then decided to ask a friend if the have any I can borrow, and they do! Good savings on that one.

13 Likes

And my mom has a pair of binoculars too! She will bring them down this week.

4 Likes

Sewed a popped-off button back on to my favorite denim jumpsuit today! That bitty task has been on my to-do list for a while and it feels so much better to have it done :sewing_needle::thread:

9 Likes

Survived my child’s bday weekend. Friend party yesterday (10+ families came) family party today (still not small, just our immediate families mean 13-14 extra people and up to 4 extra dogs). Kid was thrilled, had a great time, etc. Other than a 4’ cat, nothing too crazy for presents either. Did no presents for friends party, no regrets.

All this with a 7 week old, water damage on our house, and an ant invasion. :melting_face:

13 Likes

My husband told me he had a good Sunday :face_holding_back_tears::relaxed: we had a lot of miscellaneous chores to get done so I suggested we ask his parents to take the baby this afternoon. We got everything done, PLUS we had time to get bubble tea and relax on the couch a bit. We both feel a bit of grief that weekends aren’t really restorative anymore so it was a good change of pace, and still productive!

16 Likes

I went to put a game onto my Steam wishlist only to see that it was already there. That led me to actually looking at my Steam library and seeing several games that I had no idea I already had so now I have three “new” games installed!

18 Likes

Just submitted my PTO request for THAILAND!! We’re going Feb 25-March 5 2024. DH’s friend gets married March 3, my birthday! We are not taking Ravioli. I have a few months to emotionally prepare for that. He will be in great hands and his routine won’t be shaken up much (he can still go to the nanny). But my heart!!

22 Likes

OH, and we got our tickets almost completely on miles. I think we had to pay like $300 after miles were factored in.

15 Likes

Wow, that’s a big deal!

2 Likes

I know, I am so excited and nervous! I’ve never been on a flight that long before! And obviously never been that far away from my baby before! But it feels like a once in a lifetime chance.

5 Likes

In addition to their sale, The Ordinary is giving away their Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA with orders for the next week.

4 Likes

For the next week starting now? Is there a code or anything? I love that lotion so much.

1 Like

The code is on the website! It started today, so I’m glad I didn’t place my order earlier in the month! It’s the large size too!

3 Likes

I managed to work during a 2 hour, cameras on Zoom meeting in which multiple levels of management were hashing out the difference between the words “nearly” and “approximately,” so I’m all set up for tomorrow’s early scheduled post.

12 Likes

develops eye twitch

While this could be interesting in the right context, I imagine it was not interesting in this one.

6 Likes

I used to be the kind of person interested in these pedantic convos…but this was Not It lol

4 Likes

My back is much better today. Only had one ouchie wakeup last night. I am able to stretch today. I think the real culprit is my hamstrings. This is probably not my season for working out regularly, but I think I can do 5 min of bedtime stretches.

4 Likes

My real culprit appears to be hip flexors. which i’m sure have their own real culprit somewhere, too.

why are bodies so complicated???

RUDE.

5 Likes