Tiny Victories

I don’t know! It’s for Eden Brothers. I definitely do not need seeds and I already have more Dahlias ordered for delivery next spring which will take me to having 20 different varieties. I think that’s probably enough. Maybe. LOL. I just had large diseased trees removed in one area of my yard and replaced with small trees so I’m planning to enlarge a flower bed that used to be in shade but is now much sunnier. All that to say I’m going to have space to move around my current things and also to plant new. I will want perennials so perhaps at least some peonies in colors I don’t currently have? And I suppose save some of the gift card because peonies won’t use all of it. It’s a good problem to have!

5 Likes

I relocated our cookbooks from a high up out of the way cabinet where the adults could technically reach them but they weren’t convenient, to a bookshelf cabinet where they’re much easier to get to for both adults and child. Mr. Meer already grabbed one today for meal planning.

Bonus victory: we had a ton of random pieces of paper from recipes that have been printed out over the years. I also had a 50 pack of sheet protectors that I ordered to make reusable character sheets and there was a box of empty binders we stashed away forever ago. I went through all the papers and threw out the ones that weren’t useful or that I remembered hadn’t turned out great (I’m the picky eater in the house) and put the rest into sheet protectors in a binder so now we have our own sort of DIY cookbook.

We’ve also used some of the sheet protectors for some Kiddo art, they’ve been surprisingly useful!

10 Likes

I also have this kind of DIY cookbook. I need to look through it and make some new things.

2 Likes

Stacked 20% off order of $40 or more plus free fries over $40 coupons on ubereats! Made an off plan takeout order a much better deal.

10 Likes

Ugh, my uber eats tonight had no coupons :frowning:

2 Likes

There was Clearly Canadian at the store. We are about to find out if preteen me had excellent or terrible taste. I got peach, blackberry and cherry for full immersion. I remember these at a tuck shop.

11 Likes

Please report back.

1 Like

So yummy (peach) so sweet I almost couldn’t finish it. I think I will split the next one

4 Likes

Teenaged me found they were improved with vodka. YMMV.

8 Likes

I was all about blackberry at the time.

I got a can of montellier grapefruit sparkling water at the shoe thing, and yesterday the shadowy one tried it, as did I. The nice thing about snagging free cans is that one feels less obligated to finish things that aren’t yummy. So it went down the drain.

1 Like

While I was defrosting the basement freezer today I missed enough melt that there was a small river running between the freezer and the wall.

When I cleaned it up, I found the 2 ft piece of baseboard that I lost a year ago when I finished the basement (old baseboard, that I painted and put back up, and could not find the same profile of to replace the lost 2ft)

12 Likes

The trees are really pretty right now. My drive to my moms was lovely.

19 Likes

Kiddo asked to do a board game, we picked a grown up one instead of Candy Land (Forbidden Island, a cooperative game so it’s all the players again the game itself) and he did a good job of being patient and we actually won! I’ve only played twice before and lost both times.

20 Likes

That’s huge! Candy land is so awful. I’m thrilled y’all are at the level of non awful games.

9 Likes

I’m on vacation this week.

9 Likes

Josh Thomas is one of my top three Australian comedians, and he is coming to Hoth, and my two best friends are going to see him with me in December. Delightful.

15 Likes

YAY!

3 Likes

Two friends helped me rearrange furniture, and now my apartment MAKES SENSE and feels bigger and functions better.

23 Likes

YAY

2 Likes

Having lost weight - I can now buy some clothing in the Costco Warehouse. Huzzah.

9 Likes