Tiny Victories

We got the garden cleaned up for the season. (A bit early but the next few weekends are busy.) I feel a sense of calm when I look out the back windows now.

6 Likes

THANK YOU, body!! Thank you thank you. My period didn’t show up until the day AFTER my daylong event costumed up in a field with only porta potties available. (I’ve gotten very irregular because Old AF, skipped September entirely, and I knew it was coming because since going on brain meds I only have crying fits then. And I couldn’t stop crying Friday afternoon, so I was Freaking. Out.)

6 Likes

We decided now that the backyard looks presentable and it’s cold enough that the mosquitos are likely on the way out, we are gonna host another Halloween backyard movie night!! We did that two years ago (perfect hang for COVID times) and tried to do it last year but had to cancel due to uhhhh giving birth :laughing:

6 Likes

Sending the last of the frozen breast milk to the nanny today. Baby turns one on 10/15. I’m rounding up and saying he breastfed til age 1 :laughing: :muscle:

21 Likes

No.

You totally did!! :tada: :tada: :tada:

13 Likes

I’ve been navigating getting insurance changed for the whole family to an ACA plan. One snag we hit was we thought we’d have to lose Kiddo’s pediatrician’s office that he’s been with since day one (although his original doctor moved away but we switched to another who we also like).

Turns out his doctor is covered under our current plan, I had only searched the practice’s name. So we get to keep his doctor’s office that we love!! I just called and updated his insurance information and they didn’t blink at the new name and he’s not due for an appointment till February so hopefully we’re all squared away there.

14 Likes

We have a tiny work visitor.

20 Likes

I voted! :white_check_mark:

13 Likes

Free shipping today and tomorrow at Bookshop.org. Bonus: the ad is very OMD.

14 Likes

Rain. Cool beautiful wet rain.

7 Likes

Important frog update. Very small, very bright green. Very hoppy.

17 Likes

Somebody posted these never-worn leggings (which I actually had sitting in my Amazon “save for later” cart) on my Buy Nothing group. I got free fun leggings! (I will be using these for exercising, not for wearing with heels.)

18 Likes

Those are AMAZING

3 Likes

It’s just 8 a.m. and I have vacuumed the upstairs landing/office/bedroom hall, made breakfast, unloaded the dishwasher, started working on the laundry, gotten DH to remove the 2 bales of straw from the van, raked, and cleaned up after breakfast, including starting to reload the dishwasher. Not bad for 1.5 hour 'eh?

Now, I am going to go stretch out on the bed and r-e-l-a-x… :smiley:

Breakfast was eggs, cheese, bell pepper, onion scrambled with toast and coffee.

9 Likes

I vacuumed and sent a PT request in for Ravioli. Pediatrician thinks the dude needs some support with pulling up/getting ready to crawl. I’m not looking forward to yet another weekly appointment (we just stopped the helmet! Come on!!!) but at least in this case they come to our house.

12 Likes

Ooh come to your house appointments are much better. I hope he enjoys the games the PT will make up for him!

8 Likes

Me too!! I don’t like that certain grandmas are saying “I told you so” right now but we will get through it and he’s gonna be fine!

6 Likes

UGH not the energy you need right now! C’mon grandmas come up with some support and fun games instead!

5 Likes

Today is my work anniversary. My bosses gave me a $250 gift card for an online flower company that I love.

19 Likes

that’s so nice!! what are you going to get?

4 Likes