Tiny Victories

I just posted my first stuff on Buy Nothing and already have people interested! It’s so fun to give things away that I didn’t want, but someone else is excited by! I can’t wait to declutter more!

18 Likes

I’ve been out of town with limited internet for 10 days and now I’m back home with my computer and a cat on my lap.

12 Likes

Welcome to the club! BN is so fun

3 Likes

It’s cooled enough that hammock time is happening again. I am in my happy place.

13 Likes

Going out to visit sibling in a couple weeks, and even though they can’t pick me up at the airport, they live in a part of the country that has actual public transit so I can take the train most of the way to their place (although I might skip the 6-8 mile walk suggested at the end of that and just get an uber at the station).

9 Likes

TV: Walmart just gave me my money back on the green slime in a spinach bag they brought me at my grocery pickup this morning. Don’t have to take it back, thank goodness.

TC: we have no salad.

More TV: the local Walmart just finally started letting you bring your own bags for grocery pickup. I asked the guy that brought it out if that was a pain for them, and he said he gets paid for the time regardless. He did suggest a laundry basket next time, which I think is brilliant.

12 Likes

Costco has bins that fold flat! They’re amazing, and I think if you buy in-store you can get just one, not the 4 pack the website gives me. That way you can keep it in your trunk and always have a bin for groceries.

4 Likes

Did some test wearings of my dress shoes this afternoon in preparation for an upcoming wedding. I have options!

10 Likes

Hmm. I have something like that. Folds flat plus has wheels and a handle for rolling like a suitcase.

3 Likes

But really, laundry baskets are excellent for groceries. We did that a lot in 2020 when we just wheeled the cart out and sorted everything into the back of the car. So easy to carry inside!

4 Likes

Careful with those. I had one of those from Costco half full of socks and when I lifted it the bottom fell off. I was so excited for it too.

1 Like

That is so strange! Ours have been going strong. Do you think yours was a defect? Or any idea how or why that happened? I carry all kinds of heavy and awkward and breakable stuff in them. If the bottom comes out, I am in trouble!

3 Likes

Huh, I assumed they were just cheaply made, but yeah, I might’ve gotten a dud.
Sending your totes strong thoughts.

2 Likes

Completed section 1 of 8 on my technical writing certification course! :memo:

20 Likes

Dang Lamby!! Killin it!

2 Likes

The honeycrisp apple candle is back at TJ’s. I need it. It’s all apple, none of that additional sugary funny business (no shade if that’s your jam)

7 Likes

I finally finished a book I started at least 6 weeks ago. Started another one last night. Trying to keep up the habit of reading for fun, even when I’m tired from reading for not-fun all day

8 Likes

It’s fun once I start! It’s the starting that feels, for some reason, like a chore. I don’t know when that switch flipped. I blame my cell phone

3 Likes

Yes, this is so true. I will literally be laying in bed, scrolling reddit and thinking…I want to be reading. But the inertia of closing the laptop and opening the book is so strong. Once I’m reading I’m so happy.

4 Likes

Dang it, inertia!!