Tiny Victories

I broke down and called the sleep psychology dept at my local university. I’m in over my head managing my insomnia alone and I think it’s time for some help. Last year I called and they weren’t taking new patients, but now they are! I’m so hopeful that I can learn how to deal with this in a better way

30 Likes

That’s huge, I’m so proud of you. Fingers crossed that they give you excellent easy to act on advice.

4 Likes

I got new socks. They are so, so good.

12 Likes

When I told DH that I didn’t know where we would buy TP (I’ve been buying it in wholesale lots or quantity for a while) he suggested Staples.

And that will work. The lots are smaller and that’s actually better. Dealing with 96 rolls of TP at once is overwhelming. And, I found a 100% recycled type I can order/pay for that is still < $1 a roll.

When we ran low on the last 96 roll lot, I bought 2 smaller lots from Target. The stuff was cheaper, but we use it up faster too. The commercial stuff would last 7-8 days a roll. The Target TP lasts 5-6 days, which means we need 21 more rolls a year and that’s another 1/2 of a Target package. So, I don’t get to store less if I want to buy a year’s worth – and that was the goal: storing fewer rolls while paying less.

The Staples stuff is .77 a roll.

6 Likes

WHAT KIND

2 Likes

Weird hippy socks :joy:

https://www.rei.com/product/107250/injinji-trail-midweight-mini-crew-socks

4 Likes

I was like, ooh, new socks to try, and saw that I’ve already got 5 pairs.

2 Likes

You are bothered by tags and stuff sometimes but you’re not annoyed by toe socks? Interesting.

2 Likes

I LOVE toe socks. There is a big difference between constant pressure or constant input, versus something that shifts and rubs/pokes intermittently. But also I don’t like my toes being squeezed together and toe socks let them be cozy but still spread out.

7 Likes

Exact same.

2 Likes

Interesting to me, because I am the opposite. Most stuff like that doesn’t bother me but I can’t bear toe socks!

5 Likes

I think a big part is how comfortably your toes spread. If they don’t spread out easily normally, it’s going to feel like your toes are being forced apart.

2 Likes

Today at the gym a guy complained about what was on the television. I almost got off my machine to change the channel but then thought “fuck the patriarchy!”. He worked out maybe 15 whole minutes (it’s a senior citizen recreation center).

I WIN!

13 Likes

I’ve gotten on the treadmill four nights in a row.

18 Likes

YES!

2 Likes

My boss closed us tomorrow so now I have a 4 day weekend!

16 Likes

I’m over halfway to my 100 mile goal for the year!

10 Likes

Nobody stole my bike while I was grocery shopping!

Now NORMALLY one would assume one’s bike wouldn’t be stolen during a ten minute shopping trip. The situation is different when one FORGETS TO LOCK ONE’S BIKE TO THE RACK.

I started to load my groceries into my paniers and came face to face with my mistake: the lock. Sprinted back outside in panic. Locked it. Went back in and got my groceries.

That was a ride.

16 Likes

I came home from my excellent cottage trip to my Shein order! I think it is a win for $120
1 mediocre pink tunic, cheap fabric
2 fun kaftans, cheap fabric
2 party dresses that seem identical to the party dresses at stores like the Bay (what is this in American? Fancy but not impossible dept store)
1 v thin but soft and fun sweater dress
1 control underwear
1 weird bra sticky thing that I will pay $3 to try but not $30

OH most important… I got new meds Friday and a week later they are working so well most seizure free since April!!!

23 Likes

Congratulations on successful seizure meds!

8 Likes