Tiny Victories

I have pleased the owl. For now.

18 Likes

Welcome to the 1500+ club!

4 Likes

Why thank you! What language are you learning?

3 Likes

Spanish

3 Likes

I’ve been wanting a slushy for a few weeks now, and our local convenience store closed.

Today I was at Giant Tiger getting J2 socks and undies for camp, and as we were checking out I noticed a new slushy machine at the front of the store

15 Likes

So you got a slushy, right?

3 Likes

Abso-freaking-lutely.

J2’s jaw may have dropped at the spontaneity of it.

10 Likes

The freezer alarm worked.

12 Likes

My husband found a used coffee maker on FB marketplace for $20.

I dont know if it works or not, nor do I care - the important part is that the pot is the same size as the one J2 dropped a few weeks ago, and they cost $60 to replace.

17 Likes

Just realized these were organic Palisade peaches!! Which makes the fact that they were free even more remarkable. Possibly the best-tasting peaches I’ve had in my life

18 Likes

TV1: Our car decided it has had enough. It refuses to start when we turn the key. However, we were lucky enough to coax it to start one last time to get to the shop today. They won’t be able to look at it for a couple of days, but at least it’s where it needs to be right now.

TV2: This is exactly the kind of thing the emergency fund is for. Thank goodness we’ve funded ours!

18 Likes

I went into Michaels and did not buy any Halloween decor!

9 Likes

No!! It’s only July!

3 Likes

I spent the last two nights having picnic dinners in amazing conservation areas. AND I think our palates have adjusted away from takeout

15 Likes

It was only 97 today so I got to go on a long afternoon walk for the first time in a month, AND I got poured on at the end and the temp dropped to 65! Then I took Oliver for a walk in the rain so we could splash in puddles and play in the wash….10/10 evening

17 Likes

It’s all Halloween at JoAnns, plus there’s Halloween candy out at the grocery store. Time moves fast. Lol

4 Likes

EVERY day is Halloween!

Also, if I’m gonna make costuming I should start now.

Additionally, “Halloween decor” is “year round decor” in Tris’s house :rofl: :skull_and_crossbones:

8 Likes

Spirit Halloween was open in College Town today.

5 Likes

I hear one’s open in the suburbs here.
We have a year round local Halloween store in the quarter though, I’d rather patronize that. It’s pretty good!

5 Likes

I passed the 100km mark on my new bike (about one month) today! And today we did our first out of town trip to a … play farm? I think that is the best description.

18 Likes