Tiny Victories

Cinnamon rolls! (They were a big hit!)

4 Likes

Bestie’s step mom sourced a loaner wheelchair so my mom doesn’t have to travel with hers to our wedding (i.e. have the airlines break a multi-thousands dollar piece of medical equipment).

24 Likes

I successfully got this guy out of the window well by throwing a towel on him and picking him up. The towel is a little stinky now. But I did it! He wasn’t smart enough to dig his claws into the mulch bags to climb up. He was there all day.

26 Likes

I also kept calling him Flower and SO had no idea what I was talking about.

15 Likes

Wow! Poor little guy. He’s lucky you were able to help!

4 Likes

Well done! That doesn’t look like an easy job.

4 Likes

Bravo! Nice work. Glad he didn’t spray the window well or you.

2 Likes

Roasting broccoli in the air fryer takes 4 minutes! Amazing! I don’t know if I will ever turn my oven on again

12 Likes

Frozen or fresh? And what temp?

3 Likes

Fresh at 375! I did 400 the first time and burned them after 3 min :joy: . I actually think 350 might be better for 7-8 min making it a little less crispy but softer stems

2 Likes

It’s finally raining! We need it so badly.

2 Likes

Hahahaha I do the air fryer for like 15 min for my broccoli :joy: either we have very different air fryers or I really like charcoal

4 Likes

Came here to also say this. Rain!!!

2 Likes

Victor!
I spoke to my contractor this morning and told them that anything inside the house they should consider done and adjust my invoice as I’ll be finishing that work myself. I also took two outside projects off of their list and requested an adjustment to my invoice.
They have agreed to adjust my invoice and this only leaves TWO projects that they should be able to finish in 1-3 days and then I can have my home back.
I’ll have to go behind them a little, but they’ll have all the major stuff to 90-95%. That’s good enough. Sticking with me + an hourly hand-person from now on for anything that’s not plumbing or electric.
Using a contractor for the first time: What. A. Stressful. Nightmare.

19 Likes

There is a pop up artisan ice cream vendor every Thursday about a 10 minute walk from my house. The guy makes delicious WEIRD ice cream full of STUFF. This is the last one until September though. They open at 10, I left as soon as my meeting ended at 9:52, and there was already a line around the building. It was a heat index of 108 with no shade and I had a 10:30 meeting.

Then I saw my next door neighbor who was maybe number 7 or 8 in line. I asked if she could get mine if I gave her cash and she did.

Now I have delicious ice cream and also I love that we have good neighbors.

24 Likes

Well now I need to know what flavor you got.

4 Likes

Last interview!!! For a total of seven this week oof and dang. Cat is butting up against my head right now, angry that I have been ignoring him.

11 Likes

Blueberry lavender lemon with chunks of lemon bars smashed into it.

7 Likes

That sounds AMAZING. :drooling_face:

omg :heart_eyes: