Tiny Victories

I love those movies. After about the third (?) one they became superhero movies with no origin stories and seem to take great general offense to physics.

6 Likes

Same. They’re so silly and fun.
I think Fast Five was the first of the really fun ones where they completely stopped being bound by any logic

5 Likes

This one?

This is extremely important information and I am hovering over the “buy” because my carpets are filthy after some very upset cats.

2 Likes

For carpets I like the big upright ones. They have handheld attachments you can still use for spot cleaning and furniture and stuff. the “Bissel pet pro” is the one we have and I’ve been really happy how well it comes apart for cleaning out hair. The little units are really just for spot cleans or cars is my understanding.

2 Likes

Yep that is the one! And like @Bracken_Joy said, you may want a larger one if you have full carpeting. I just have carpet on my stairs so the handheld is fine, but it would be a lot of work if it was a whole room

3 Likes

Ooh, hmm. A conundrum. Its primarily in the hallway, which is about 1m by 5m, and i do not have a cupboard to keep the upright one in because our linen closet is small and had no tall spaces Even my wardrobe is overfull. Will think on it some more. Maybe i could get my parents to store it in exchange for sharing it.

1 Like

Here we have them for rent from grocery stores. Maybe you have the same?

2 Likes

The professor for my summer Biochemistry class opened the course a week early so we can all get a head start on the material. It’s a 5 week class so this is HUGE. What a gem!

15 Likes

I started off today with five meetings, three of which are recurring check ins. Two of the check ins were only five minutes long, the third got rescheduled due to outages.

7 Likes

I will warn people with bad joints that I used this (for like half an hour so for a longer time than maybe you need to) and it made my wrist go numb and then my hand hurt for two days. And I have normal joints.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, my shoulder/neck are a bit angry with me but I did use it for probably 2+ hours this weekend, and I was aggressively scrubbing/sucking dirt out because it was so satisfying :joy:

3 Likes

Ooh hmm ok well i think we will be hiring the big one in that case, i found a hire place and we can do it on like a Monday morning while the kids are out. I appreciate this thread for solving my problem by accident!

7 Likes

Ah that’s true. I’ve never used a carpet cleaner that didn’t make my body and hands hurt after a big project. I’ve had the pleasure of using quite a few models lol.

2 Likes

14 Likes

Chef’s kiss :kiss:

2 Likes

THREE successful Buy Nothing pickups in the past two days!

12 Likes

I finally figured out that Instagram will give you “break” reminders if you want, and it’s actually helping my scrolling a LOT.

8 Likes

Thank you for mentioning this! I just turned it on for myself.

2 Likes

The tiniest of victories: I remembered last night around 11 pm that I had $5 in Kohls Cash that was expiring that day. So I didn’t lose it, I placed an order for store pickup for a single Burt’s Bees lip balm. Free lip balm!

21 Likes

We finally managed a boat trip! When you run a B&B that gets busy over the summer any sort of trip needs a bit of planning. We had three trips planned last summer, two sailing and one kayaking, all three got cancelled on the day due to high winds.

This year I decided I would tempt the weather gods one last time and book an evening cruise from our home town, on PS Waverley - the last seagoing paddle steamer in the world. The weather forecast wasn’t great, cloudy and very cold for May, but no rain or high winds. We wrapped up well and spent most of the evening on deck enjoying the view.

Then, as we turned for home, the skies cleared and this happened -

Perfect end to the evening.

22 Likes