Tiny Victories

I don’t know. Glad it wasn’t too expensive to fix. It’s probably a good policy to take the car in at the first sign of trouble, though. :sweat_smile:

I have logistical and financial reasons for not doing that, plus a decade of being that stereotypical single mom driving around with the check engine light on at all times. I take care of my kids and myself and my houses, but that’s the end of my energy so my car has to fend for itself.

17 Likes

Applied for 5 jobs, dried laundry on the line, and pet the cat today.

20 Likes

Had a softball game tonight and we all remembered how to play! We still got massacred because we really don’t belong in the league we’re in (they combine recreational and competitive in spring when they don’t have enough teams for both, and it generally ends about like you’d expect), but we all managed the throwing and catching and hitting thing quite respectably :slight_smile:

12 Likes

The baby slept til 6:30 this morning. (He needed a paci replacement at 3:30 but that only took 30 seconds of consciousness.)

12 Likes

My IRA is finally back up to its high from November 2021. Minus all the money I shoved into it since then of course…

11 Likes

This week I got a pair of men’s basketball shorts.

• loose
  • soft, wide waistband
  • deep pockets
  • light fabric

I’m so into this experience.

20 Likes

I got a free printer ink cartridge off of BN today!
I also got a dress I ordered and it fits; this was somewhat in question as I was between sizes.

6 Likes

Oh - I should have alerted you years ago.

3 Likes

The no. 1 thing I steal from DH

3 Likes

For me, this is a pretty big victory.

I haven’t had the balance to stand on the paddle board for a few years now, I end up using it as a kneeling board.

This weekend I managed to keep my balance and take it for a good paddle, a few times.

(photography by J2)

24 Likes

Badass!

5 Likes

I resisted the urge to make a call about a thing and asked someone else to make a call about it instead.

15 Likes

That’s a double win - delegating a thing and not having to make a phone call

4 Likes

I also just remembered that I can text my vet’s office now so I requested a refill without talking to a human. It’s so nice living in the future sometimes.

9 Likes

I have quoted out my home and auto insurance and changed to a lower rate better coverage plan on both accounts.

18 Likes

I got 15% off of my new shoes because of a register glitch.

12 Likes

Husband signed up for life insurance and disability through work at the new company, but no one actually knew the limits? (They pay for it so it’s not like we weren’t gonna get it lol). So we’ve been pushing (I’ve been pushing, lol) to find out the exact terms. WELL. Their limits haven’t changed AT ALL when they first set up the policy for the company in 2006. These are people who make $150-300k per year, and their life insurance policy caps out at $50k! Husband is on a new quest to get them to get a new policy for it all. In the meantime, we know to go and get independent coverage. Yeeowch!

ETA and now this is making me wonder whether that coverage would even be honored at all-

11 Likes

This is horrible!

2 Likes

The right person finally responded and picked up all the tiny baby stuff! A single mum with an older kid and no NB stuff left. $5 token money exchanged

18 Likes