Tiny Victories

One of the upper managers at my work sent me a grub hub gift card for helping out some new members of our team with their training. I was just doing my job but it was nice that he noticed…plus I was planning to treat myself to takeout when I finish with finals, and now it will be free!

17 Likes

I remembered to ask for a tire rotation when I took Marmalade’s car in for an oil change today, but then (TC) I realized that I forgot to ask for my car a few weeks ago.

5 Likes

I just scored $25 tickets to Duran Duran with no fees!

13 Likes

Awesome!

Had a very good initial call with a job in MN

10 Likes

I’m sitting in the sunny corner of our living room while a guy outside plays the harmonica and sings a little bit and it’s utter fucking bliss.

14 Likes

(massive fucking complaint about the need for these programs at all, but seeing libraries step up for people facing book bans is :heart:)

15 Likes

I had practically an entire MLIS class about fighting book bans. It’s serious library stuff!!!

9 Likes

We needed deck chairs and found a set of 4 green ones at Habitat ReStore. We thought they were $20 each but it was $20 for the set!

19 Likes

I’ve decided to take a vacation day tomorrow! (Except a pesky in person meeting at 10am lol, at least that will get me dressed and motivated?)

8 Likes

I think Colorado is getting all of our yearly precipitation allotment this week. Our yearly average is about 14", and we’ve gotten >2" in the last 3 days.

I’m not sure if this is good or bad in the long run, but I love the weather, and so far I haven’t read about any flooding, so I guess I’ll enjoy the puddles while they last :blush:

9 Likes

I saw an article the other day that said if all the rain we got during those 2 days of constant rain last week had been snow it would have been 40 inches!

9 Likes

My Dr approved another year of refills for my medication automatically instead of making me come in for an appt where I will just tell him that yes everything is the same and yes this medication is still working.

26 Likes

It took over 6 months and multiple times of me reaching out, but our Singapore Airlines partner mileage for our trip to India finally posted to Alaska Airlines. 20K miles for each of us! That’s several hundred dollars worth of points.

12 Likes

I’m so jealous. My doctor makes me get in touch every 3 months to renew. At least it’s just a 5 minute phone call and not a full appointment, but it’s still so annoying.

4 Likes

My car has been making a bad, expensive-sounding noise for months. I haven’t taken it in because ugh., you know?
I took it in today.
$300 later and it’s totally fine.

26 Likes

I mowed the lawn. With kids. Like superwoman.

23 Likes

My store had $2.78 bags of cat treats for .69 today.

10 Likes

Out of curiosity, what was wrong with it? (If you don’t mind sharing)

1 Like

A bushing was shot.
Based on the noise and feel when I was driving I thought the shocks were gone. This was much faster and cheaper to fix. How often does that happen?!???

6 Likes