Tiny Victories

I found a therapy practice that not only specializes in gender and relationships (since I really wanted a therapist who understood polyamory), also takes my insurance… and I felt really comfortable with the therapist during my intake appointment… and he just sent me an email telling me how much each session will cost based on my insurance specifics.

24 Likes

Never ever let that therapist go. Lock them in the basement if you have to.

14 Likes

Then you will always have something to talk about at the beginning of your session.

14 Likes

Just paid off my car. :grin: I cannot make a decision on new furniture so I figured I might as well use the money on the car. (Paying off the car was actually less than buying the furniture I saw.) :rofl: Looking for furniture was getting a little stressful and I want it to be a happy thing so I am forgetting about it for a while. Mine is completely fine, I just wanted a new color.

27 Likes

I’ve been pretty thrilled with my new slipcovers. Plus I can wash the cat hair off them.

3 Likes

Amazing!! I hope it’s a great fit for you

1 Like

i moved! we still have some random stuff to grab and cleaning to do at the old place, and my new neighbor did get into a v juvenile shouting match with the movers about touching his cable line (random) but the worst is over and this is my new view!

28 Likes

Posted a lot of baby stuff on kijiji with bad pictures and underpriced. Hoping it goes to someone who will use it! AND that I get the space back

19 Likes

That is a fabulous view!

2 Likes

The niece that I was asking about therapists for has an appointment tomorrow with a therapist and one on Wednesday with a psychiatrist. My sister said she has been having some better days but that may be because she’s there with her. Fingers crossed that both of these appointments go smoothly. Thanks to everyone for the info I got here.

19 Likes

Best of luck to her :yellow_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Not just decent but GOOD Thai food. In New Orleans! Well, just outside, but whatever. Huge portions too, leftovers for daaaaaaays.

13 Likes

First tiny thunderstorm this year :blush:

15 Likes

I got 6 enormous and beautiful avocados for 1 cent!

(eta: Denver-area folks, this is the Pinemelon grocery delivery service and it is awesome)

14 Likes

This is a weird Tony Victor, but sharing it anyways.
I watched a new show.

I have a very hard time starting a new show/book/movie that I haven’t seen before because I’m deeply soothed by repetition.
I’ve been working on challenging this.

23 Likes

I want you all to know it was Jury Duty on Freevee.

3 Likes

I had an unexpected hang out after our dog walk with my dog walking friend…it was so nice! I feel like I’m finally starting to have those friendships here where you just spontaneously get together which is something I missed a lot from Colorado

17 Likes

In less than 5 min from time of initial conversation, I had a specific medical receipt from 6 years ago on my husbands desk. Feeling very proud of myself/my filing system/my general executive functioning right now.

14 Likes

I got a free pint of fancy ice cream for volunteering at a krewe event last night. The big victory is that it has all these weird mix-ins and Boyfriend is an ice cream purist who will hate it, so this is all for meeeeeeee.

16 Likes

Family
And leftover cake and crumble and bean salad. And buying and forgetting to serve 2 pints of vegan hagen daaz

14 Likes