Tiny Victories

The airport is vast and the nice people with golf carts are saving my ass.

10 Likes

I just replaced the light socket and switch on my fridge, and now I don’t have to find my food in the dark anymore! Who needs a competent, responsive super? Not me!

15 Likes

I fixed two things today!

I unclogged the vacuum cleaner, which wasn’t too hard but felt like a major engineering project.

And I got the Hue light downstairs back online. I had googled a whole troubleshooting guide, but it turned out that dh had unplugged it. LOL

22 Likes

I asked some clients for online reviews. They could either do one on Google or if they wanted to be anonymous, they could just send me something to put on our company website and Facebook. I assumed they would all just say (company) is great, we enjoyed working with them. Within a day I had 5 people write them, and they all said (turtlegirl) is fabulous, and we love her and her designs and will go nowhere else for future projects. I am just so pleased by this, knowing that people think I am good at what I do, and I really have the warm fuzzies. :heart: At least 5 more have said they will do one soon.

30 Likes

Aww, that’s fantastic!

5 Likes

That’s amazing, I’m so happy for you!!

2 Likes

I finally bought a 25 ft Flexi-leash for walks and it is literally life changing. Oliver immediately stopped doing his weird stop+stare things, and other weird walk behaviors that he had with the short leash, like slowing to a crawl randomly and then speeding up. It pulls on him way less than a normal leash, too which is nice. It feels like we are walking with no leash, but I can still control him when I want when cars+people are around. He can stop and sniff while I keep walking and then he runs to catch up which he loves…it’s a win for both of us!

20 Likes

Trees and sunshine!

17 Likes

Spouse is back from a work trip so I can go to the gym tomorrow!

8 Likes

No cavities! I had 3 forming when I first went to the dentist but I’ve successfully remediated them :slight_smile: yay!

19 Likes
15 Likes

Anyone able to post an unlocked link?

2 Likes

Here you go

14 Likes

Sorry, I thought it was. I was able to read it and usually can’t with the NYT.

3 Likes

It’s opening day of baseball :sunglasses:

4 Likes

If anyone has Apple TV and is looking for a new show, I recommend watching Shrinking. The first season just ended and I really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

I wanna know how you did this. I had some thing similar and didn’t understand why they didn’t become cavities. Part of me always thought that dentist was full of shit. I am very happy for you to not have cavities!!!

6 Likes

I changed a few habits! So in my case I assume that’s why.

Habits

I got a high quality electric toothbrush and started using that. I also stopped using these tooth pick type things (not a toothpick but a pick for your teeth) because the dentist told me that for my type of teeth they weren’t good to use. I started using floss instead. I also started using ACT mouthwash after brushing in the evenings. After my first 6 month check up (prior to seeing this dentist I hadn’t been in like 15 years) the hygienist showed me the areas I was missing and told me how I could reach them better. I didn’t know you were supposed to floss the very back of the molars, for example.

I think all of those together are why! But also I am blessed with very easy teeth in general so I think genetics were on my side too. I never even had braces or a retainer or anything and even after so long not going to the dentist I only had like 2 cavities that needed filling. I’m so glad I was able to reverse the others though! I didn’t know that was a thing before this dentist.

10 Likes

@AllHat can I PM you for a dentist reco?

2 Likes

I’ve had that happen with some of mine! Sadly I have since messed up my dental hygiene and have many things to fix that im avoiding.

6 Likes