Tiny Victories

Yes! I messaged you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I brought a book to an appointment that I knew would involve a few minutes of waiting at various times. They said “oh, we don’t take that long!” I read three chapters.

17 Likes

I asked a question and then things happened and an annoying task at work has disappeared! The task began because someone long ago thought it might be nice, it turned into me spending a full day deep diving in our archives for numbers that might not even exist.

11 Likes

I had the best day! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

tonight was the only night I could cook this week, and I made a giant spicy stirfry with shrimp and squid and it was everything I’ve been craving allllllll week.

8 Likes

Cleared out the freezer and found some cookie dough rolled into balls, ready to bake

15 Likes

SQUID YES

Outreach camp season has started, first camp was today after fun scheduling issues mean that it got shifted at close to last minute. About 60 successful LED bugs made, one band-aid used. Not that the kid was burned, they just wanted a band-aid.

In the process the cat was tragically abandoned (left at home in a heated pod across the room from his food dish…) for a whole 7 hours and is now refusing to get off my arm.

17 Likes

All my favorite things were on sale at the store yesterday. This is such a tiny victory that it turned into a tiny complaint because they’d sold out of one of them :joy: but I have two pints of NadaMoo for $4.50 each so win!

10 Likes

I got $187 in interest on my savings account.

19 Likes

Dang! Buy yourself something nice!! Lol

3 Likes

I’m gonna let it keep building up for now.

4 Likes

I finally finished my taxes after procrastinating for 3 months…and I’m getting $700 back! That’s a nice surprise

22 Likes

I finished our Fed return today too! Still have to do the state tax (I don’t use software)

6 Likes

I succeeded in my rent negotiations! :slight_smile: This means I’ll have successfully kept our rent from increasing from 2019 through to 2026.

30 Likes

Impressed!!!

1 Like

I got $15 off my oil change by checking the website for coupons. :muscle::muscle: Always remember to ask if there are promotions going on!

12 Likes

My homemade chai concentrate is really hitting the spot on this gloomy Chicago day!

9 Likes

I said no to an industry meet-up I was invited to because I worked with one of the attendees and I have no need or desire to spend social time with them again. (It is a small meetup, so I’d need to engage beyond just a superficial level)

13 Likes

Husband washed couch blanket, covered me with it still warm from the dryer

13 Likes