Tiny Victories

If those are the restaurant chairs I’m thinking of, they feel great on my bum as well as being indestructible! I would scoop them up

3 Likes

If you are in Oklahoma, she has like 100 more in storage. She bought 150 of them somehow for $15 a piece… $720 chairs for $15 a piece lol. Thinking about grabbing 2 more. I know I cna use them outside or for sewing, crafting etc as well.

4 Likes

I put felt pads on the feet of all furniture. They eventually fall off chairs because they get moved around a lot, but the felt stickers are cheap so it’s no big deal.

8 Likes

I’ll try that thanks

2 Likes

I do this too, the sound of the kids rocking the chairs without them on the tile floor sets off all my sensory quirks.

6 Likes

Plus what it does to the floors causes me rage.

6 Likes

I have ceramic tile, flat finish, will it damage my tiles? I know it wouldnt’ be nice to vinyl floors.

1 Like

I have never had a tile floor so I have no idea, but I hate the noise tile floors make so I personally would put felt on the chairs just for that.

3 Likes

Hrm… I can get stainless steel placemats and/or stainless steel coasters. So while the table is a dark wood, it can be partially matched to the chairs with those effect(s). Just thinking… I am definitely no interior decorator :slight_smile:

EDIT: I think the reason why I like the chair style so much is it kinda has an art deco vibe I like. The three parallel lines, and rounded top corners.

EDIT #2: Very interesting video on the history of this American made chair: Exploring the history of an iconic chair - YouTube

3 Likes

i have chairs like this and i love them! v comfy, and you can throw a blanket or a sheepskin on them if they are cold on your bum. i think they look great with your table!

6 Likes

Thanks so much, you made my day :slight_smile: I think the stainless steel coasters will help a lot as well, visually. Probably not a good idea to sit hot tea mugs directly on the varnished wood right?

3 Likes

good point!

i actually have had one on my porch for like a year and it still looks brand new. love them!

3 Likes

I use unread emails as to-dos, and I finally cleared some old reminders to myself. Zero unread emails for the first time in months!

9 Likes

I made some seriously delicious fudge brownies.

14 Likes

And you made enough to share with the class, right?

Or do you at least have a recipe/video you can share?

6 Likes

Hisses defensively MY PRECIOUSSSSS. Haha. I used this recipe! I’m not even usually into cake type desserts but this is good!

7 Likes

I finally found notebooks that have thick enough paper that I can write with my favorite pens on both sides without bleeding through AND they are cheaper than Mead notebooks, my previous fav. This seems like a dumb TV, but for some reason notebooks are ridiculously expensive these days.

18 Likes

I made a dinner that everyone liked and it didn’t take too long to make.
I can’t remember the last time that happened.

17 Likes

what was this magical dinner?

3 Likes

Perogies (vegan for little dude, pulled pork for bigger kid and I) and yams fried in coconut oil and spices, with a cucumber and tomato salad.

14 Likes