Tiny Victories

I want one.

5 Likes

It’s funny, I made it to use up three containers in the fridge (breaded eggplant, tomato-pepper sauce, gochujang mayo) and now I might actually make those things just for that meal in the future.

7 Likes

A happy accident, as noted sandwich magician Bob Ross once said

6 Likes

Finished medical appointment #3 of the week. Very done with everything. Ate chick-fil-a as a reward.

14 Likes

I’m eating tacos

9 Likes

But is it raining tacos?

6 Likes

The evidence no one asked for.

21 Likes

I asked in my mind.

8 Likes

omg. details?

3 Likes

Your powers are growing.

4 Likes

Al pastor with grilled cheese on top.
Not grilled cheese sandwich. Cheese that was on the grill. Gooey inside and crunchy outside.
The softest tortillas I’ve ever found in this province. Central Canada is not known for its tortillarias.

15 Likes

All my meetings were cancelled one by one for an open day today!

11 Likes

Grilled cheese!! Wow. Want. I thought it was an egg

4 Likes

An absolutely vile hunk of earwax and/or the scab from when my eardrum burst finally popped out of my ear. I could feel it rattling around in there and it was soooo annoying!!!

15 Likes

Incredible! grilled cheese on al pastor…wow

7 Likes

Internet is back up long enough for me to confirm the toddler is NAPPING :raised_hands:t2: for the first time in like 4 days. Glorious.

13 Likes

I wanted some rounded ladder back wooden restaurant style chairs, dark mahogany in color but couldn’t find them. Ran across these Emeco Navy 100% brushed aluminum chairs for $50 a piece – they retail for $720 a piece. They are like indestructible… these were made in 2003 and used at an Arby’s I believe for a very long time… they feel new still lol. I just need to polish them up with some barkeepers friend or aluminum polish. (They’d easily last the rest of my lifetime.)

What do ya think? Do they work? I like the shape of them and the stainless look is growing on me. I can always easily sell later for $50 to $75 I wanted, after I run across the wood chairs I’ve been wanting.

(Still need to finish the paint trim on the accent wall and put the mop board back on; as well as finishing trimming and framing the art hanging on wall.)

EDIT: maybe some hammered/punched tin accents on wall would look good with it :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Do they sound OK when they’re scooted around? Or do they make that nail on chalkboard sound?

2 Likes

They make a hallow cheap sound when moving around they are very lightweight. Like they can easily skip when dragging them around because they are so light. Not the nice heavy wooden sound I’d prefer :slight_smile: They are also a little chilly to sit in.

But I do love the styling of them. And they have absolutely zero wobble, amazing comfortable/firm. I feel safe sitting in them.

EDIT: They have metal feet. I probably can get nylon feet replacements for them and insert them… Should sound a lot better then.

EDIT #2: they are actually so light you can easily pick up off the floor with one hand while moving them.

3 Likes

Pros and cons! Depends what you’re looking for/what you’re OK with!