Tiny Victories

My children eat frozen veggies still frozen. It isn’t for me, but they are happy

7 Likes

Still frozen blueberries are a delight.

Frozen corn less so.

7 Likes

My first dog, Pooh, liked to eat bees. She never got stung surprisingly. She’d knock them out of the air with a paw which stunned them I guess. Then she’d just gobble them up. Weird as hell but whatever. And shit, Rex, my second dog liked eating frogs but he’d never eat the whole frog. He’d leave them in his dog house half-eaten the weirdo.

6 Likes

Ollie loves frozen veg! Actually I haven’t yet found a food he doesn’t love, he’s pretty much an opportunivore… But I regularly put frozen carrots and green beans in his kong or breakfast and he is stoked about it

5 Likes

Oh, I’ll have to try frozen green beans in the Kong! This week we’re experimenting with pumpkin puree.

2 Likes

My dogs have loved raw carrots - not as chew toys, just as food. I would give them baby carrots as treats. They also have been omnivores, and also loved bananas.

1 Like

Pumpkin is great! I use it a lot and greek yogurt…I usually spread yogurt or pumpkin inside the walls of the kong, stuff it with kibble (sometimes soaked with water) and random frozen veg, then I seal the kong off with greek yogurt or pumpkin and freeze. Takes about 60-70 min to get through!

6 Likes

I found the missing knitting needles before I purchased replacements.

18 Likes

Won a dozen eggs as a door prize at our hobby group monthly meeting - donated by someone with a heated chicken coop. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

This is a victory as long as it’s correct! I used freetaxusa just now and it got me back $1000 more than I thought I would get when I did a quick paper run through? Something about qualified business income. For my schedule C I think… Guess I will wait and see if there’s any red flags or audits or anything? :woman_shrugging:

ETA hmmm… last year turbo tax put the small number from my secondary business into the line for qualified business income (small profit after expenses) but freetaxusa added my entire income from my real job to the small number! So instead of like $150 it’s almost $51k and my taxable income is about $8k lower than I had it on paper.

Who did it correctly and why is it different?@JRA64 ?

5 Likes

I put my phone on a cup warmer that I thought was a phone charger, it melted off the Nick Cage sticker on my phone case in such a gross way that I had to replace my phone case with a new one, and my new phone case is so much cuter than I thought it would be. I feel joy whenever I look at it. Everything coming up Bernadette!

15 Likes

So you’re saying…the face came……OFF

19 Likes

Wowowow YES

7 Likes

Ok that’s a wrap. Pack it up everybody. @noodle won today

9 Likes

8 Likes

There are some complex rules on this but it sounds fishy to me.

Is your “real job” as a W2 employee? That shouldn’t be in QBI.

QBI is about 20% of your qualified business income. So if your QBI is $51K, you made over $250K last year.

1 Like

My real job is W2, I made about 51k and my QBI was about 10K from freetaxusa because they included that. My “other” schedule C income is like 5k. I was very surprised to say the least. I’ve never used them before and I guess I got confused, I’m super not tech friendly.

Is there a way to fix it? Or do I just wait for someone to see it and fix it? I hate problems!

ETA I googled and it said to amend my return but it is not available yet. Bah. Will the IRS see it/fix it/give me the right amount of money? Or do I actually have to amend it?

1 Like

Let your return process first, often the IRS catches it and adjusts your refund or sends you a letter.

2 Likes

Did you report the same income twice?

1 Like

I assume so? I did a federal return plus two schedule C’s? I honestly don’t know how I did that. Freetaxusa does show a phone number for the IRS, should I call?

1 Like