Tiny Victories

For sheets, some of the newer organic latex mattress brands like Avocado have nice stuff.

Can you ask your mom where the fancy cabin stuff comes from? I feel like she would know all about fancy bedding?

4 Likes

My sheets are from Brooklinen and I think my down comforter is one of the fancier ones from The Company Store. I feel like there’s ten million options for fancy bedding on the internet these days - it kinda makes your head spin.

3 Likes

Y’all fancy AF. My last few sheets purchases have come from Sam’s Club and the mid line at Target. I’m not pyschologically ready to pay over $50 for sheets.

5 Likes

I wasn’t until 3 years in a row of paying $35 for costco flannel, only to have it last one cold season :cry:decided it was time to try something spendier.

2 Likes

Caramel corn

6 Likes

Sleep.

I considered linen for our sheets but it is SO expensive. But I suspect would be good for Ponder with more breathability or whathaveyou. We bought from the fancy department store sort of brands and I’ve been pleased over the cheaper stuff that did not last for us.

3 Likes

I just saw a HUGE hawk right outside my window!!! This thing was massive, like, IDK at least 40-50 inches across.

13 Likes

5:30 pm and still light out!

9 Likes

I looked up how to use my bike pump so I can actually use my bike.

14 Likes

I am 5-7% better and FULL of antibiotics and steroids.

13 Likes

I figured out a physics problem that was destroying my brain…I got some help for the beginning from my teacher, but also used a lot of my own brain to figure it out too yay.

17 Likes

Well done. You are doing a hard thing and it’s admirable.

5 Likes

After 6 nights my friend’s dog has decided to sleep with me instead of her.

15 Likes

If you want to try linen sheets, these are a steal (and I love the design, too!). I have cotton Piubelle sheets on the guest bed (alas, they don’t come in full) and they are a dream! I also got a Piubelle duvet cover from Marshalls which is more functional than pretty, but I love the quality of the cotton.

4 Likes

I arrived on the platform today right before the train left instead of right after.

18 Likes

Poutine Week starts tomorrow.

9 Likes

13 minutes in the crib and counting!

9 Likes

We had two kid books go missing. The library nicely asked us to return them but still let me check out stuff once I verbally acknowledged that I owed them books or money. That’s been going on for like three months.

The books have been found! Inside the bottom of a large box that Kiddo threw random shit into and then the box got shoved into his closet for a while and he recently brought it out again and started pulling stuff out. I can hardly walk into his room now but all well, I’m just glad we found the books!

21 Likes

Victory!

1 Like

I just bought a lot of little things (and one bigger thing) that I’ve been wanting for a while and will make life easier/more fun. It feels great!

$10 Etsy super beginner piano music and color coded stickers for the toddler. I have kid sheet music from my childhood but this is even more basic (she’s still a little young but getting closer every day to being able to play little tunes)

$12 wall calendar to hang in the kitchen and share mental load more evenly with spouse

$5 short bungy cords for my bike so I can stop struggling with the too big mesh net

$$$ bike lock that will actually attach to my bike so I can finally ride it somewhere other than work!

13 Likes