Tiny Victories

I WILL BE A BEDDING GOD.
but before i can do this, i need to basically marie kondo my bedroom. it’s a hot disaster.

7 Likes

One day I won’t have a big dog that ruins all my nice things, and I will get the nicest bedding. There will be textures. Exciting fabrics. Beautiful patterns not found at Ikea.
Until then I have this and I’m happy with it.

19 Likes

It’s very pretty compared to mine. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’m not saying there is anything bad about it, I’m just planning for even better.

2 Likes

I got a wool topper and comforter from Woolroom and was happy with the products and price! If you decide to order from them, I think they might have a referral code for discounts.

3 Likes

I love that comforter! It’s so nice to have a dark color. But I get the dog thing…except…like 5 years ago I did buy myself a really nice Anthropologie duvet cover and pillows…and I destroyed it by constantly studying and leaving ink pens open on it :joy: so I’m just as bad! Now my dog can finish destroying my fancy comforter and I’ll probably never have one again because neither of us can be trusted with one haha. I’m excited to one day own a dark comforter that we can ruin with no consequences.

10 Likes

When daisy has the zoomies she runs around the house in a very specific way, and unless I can get my door closed in time her turning spot is on this one corner of my bed. Zoom around the house, jump on my bed, pivot, zoom around the house, repeat. Every fitted sheet has a hole in the pivot spot. Her toenails are unkind.

And they take turns vomiting on my duvet.

My bed is the most used piece of furniture in my house and the dogs are terrible to it.

14 Likes

I bought pretty new bowls yesterday and today I got to use them!

picture

18 Likes

That bowl is a beautiful backdrop for that very pretty food. Yum.

4 Likes

Thanks! I think the bowls definitely make the food look prettier!

7 Likes

My chia pudding turned out delicious. So did my scrambled tofu. And my children are asleep

16 Likes

I am taking chocolate chip biscuits to a family and their new baby today! The kids let me bake!

7 Likes

My dog ripped every piece of bedding I ever had because she liked to nest in it. After she died, I finally bought fancy expensive bedding. It still brings me joy 4 years later.

Edit: I would trade fancy bedding for Daisy though because Daisy is the best.

12 Likes

I would rather have daisy than fancy bedding, but if I can’t have her I want a luxurious place to sleep.

3 Likes

okay but real talk where does one buy fancy bedding?

6 Likes

How does one even define fancy? I kinda assume if I didn’t get it from Walmart or Amazon it’s fancy.

1 Like

Winners? Late night internet rabbitholes?

1 Like

For flannel, the LL Bean (I think?) like $110 set we got this fall is mind blowingly lovely. So much heavier weight than anything I’ve owned before.

Based on YouTubers I’ve seen being sponsored by products, linen is a key definition of fancy bedding in popular culture :joy::woman_shrugging: I know there’s a lot of brands that do direct to consumer stuff these days.

5 Likes

i sleep with a linen fitted sheet (on sale from west elm), a bamboo weighted blanket (amazon), a wool blanket over that if it’s extra cold (from scotland), 4 pillows (2 under my head, 1 under my ribcage, 1 between my knees), and a yummy fluffy mattress topper that i got from parachute. it feels extremely comfy and fancy to me but wasnt super expensive.

i’ve had prettier more aesthetic setups in the past but this one is soooo comfy. i finally just got some blackout curtains yesterday and never wanted to get up.

9 Likes

I’m all about prints so I usually buy my comforters from society 6.

2 Likes