Tiny Victories

The stainless steel variable temp electric kettle that I love has been discontinued. I wanted to get one for the basement (because I am fancy and we want to make tea while watching TV) and I found a liquidator selling a few new ones on eBay for cheaper than retail! Just tried it out and it works great.

12 Likes

I made my own laundry detergent and dishwasher soap! Super easy, too. And when I use it I feel like I AM OFF GRID even though I live in a city in an apartment building.

19 Likes

Ooh I’d love your review after you’ve used it for a month! You’re definitely an off-grid, totally self sufficient badass.

2 Likes

I’ll let you know how it goes/continues! So far I’ve done 3 loads of dishes and about the same for clothes, they all look good.

2 Likes

I’d love your recipe! I’ve always used natural products, which did not perform well…but was gifted name brand dishwasher pods a few months back and wow wow wow they are so much better.
I’m trying to convince myself to go back to a natural version :confused:

1 Like

I used these two recipes! I also put vinegar in the dishwasher.

Also, I should say:

1. I’m not an expert!
  2. My clothes are usually not super dirty other than some sweat on my workout clothes. IDK how this laundry detergent would work for hardcore dirt/grime.
  3. I rinse my dishes very well before putting them in the dishwasher out of habit.
7 Likes

Thank you for sharing!
I’m a disgusting sweaty dirty laundry monster & hate rinsing my dishes, so these extra notes are very helpful! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haha glad to be of service! tips hat

1 Like

No meetings today!!!

4 Likes

I went in for a permanent crown, and they didn’t need to do a root canal. Which they had been concerned about. And my intermittent waterpikking has made a difference and my gums are healthier already!

20 Likes

Used a long, annoying meeting to put together a shelf that’s been sitting around for a while and then get started on taxes.

12 Likes

After weeks of suffering through cups of subpar green tea I have finally acquired strong, delicious, high quality genmaicha (my favorite type of Japanese green tea).

I love it so much that when I drank my first sip I nearly teared up!

19 Likes

And pray thee where was this acquired???

3 Likes

My lord took me upon his steed (14 year old hyundai) to the local market (Hmart).

14 Likes

Which terroir and estate produced such finery?? (Can I see the packaging pls :joy:)

6 Likes

ITO EN!

9 Likes

Oooh we love ito en! Their bottled tea is the best.

3 Likes

YAY INTEL. I love genmaicha too!

1 Like

I have decided to save 80% of the unexpected grandmother money distribution (trip to Japan eventually) and spend 20%
This should be enough to get a ridiculous twin sized expensive wool mattress topper, a new comforter, and some nice bedding to upgrade myself from my collection of dorm room remnants and random bits and pieces.

This is exciting. :slight_smile:

29 Likes

You are both fancy and smart.

1 Like