Tiny Victories

If you wake up abnormally early for a Sunday you can get many things done by 10:30. Who knew? :rofl:

Then you can lay on the couch with a cat and read the new Bromance book club book.

ETA I’ve finished the book and the cat is grumpy that I want to get up.

17 Likes

I got a great email from a friend I hadn’t heard from in a really long time :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

Realized I could take advantage of Black Friday sales to order another year’s supply of contacts to be delivered while I’m back in the US!

14 Likes

A friend, who was recently diagnosed diabetic, gave us a 20 pound bag of flour! She had purchased it when it was $8.99CAD/bag. Now it’s $21.99/bag. We took it. It’s our flour for Christmas this year.

19 Likes

Earlier this month I, who am USA based, bought a present from Germany for a relative. At the time the US dollar was trading higher than the Euro, so I got a slight “discount” compared to the price listed on the screen in Euros.

11 Likes

We had EMS rewards due to expire 11/30, $10.

I needed socks so I went to look. Two pairs washable wool, W’s petite size, $18 each, on sale for $13. And I could use the rewards. Two pairs of socks $16 total paid – score!

8 Likes

New doormat. :heart:

14 Likes

I derailed a meeting for a bit talking about Monty Python.

16 Likes

12 Likes

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

9 Likes

guess what today is? THE DAY I DEADLIFTED 200 POUNDS :sparkles: :muscle: :yellow_heart:

34 Likes

You’re a beast!!! That’s amazing!!!

(My weightlifting friend loves being called this when she hits records, but I’ll happily edit if you don’t)

7 Likes

call me a beast all day, i love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Mega-beast!!! Rawr!

4 Likes

Wow!!! A+++ impressive AF

2 Likes

The TC part: I had to go to the DMV to upgrade my license to a Real ID, and this required digging up two forms of proof of address and an additional $56, and it didn’t extend my expiration date :frowning:

BUT I made the appointment last night and they must have had a cancellation because I got one for this morning (but not too early!) and the staff were really nice (Oregon DMV staff members are always ridiculously nice) and the new photo seems to look really good in the black and white temporary version, which is a huge upgrade from my 2019 photo. In and out in half an hour and now I’m at a Hawaiian restaurant at the same plaza that I usually don’t get to go to!

10 Likes

Just tested negative again for Covid-19! Thank goodness, since the parents have a bunch of chores they need me to run out to do.

Also, Paxlovid seems to work pretty well. The biggest side effect I’m aware of so far is a metallic taste in their mouths, “like aluminum”.

10 Likes

Another TV: was waiting for the hospital to call and schedule an x-ray, and I got the call while I was eating my lunch and they said they don’t schedule x-rays in advance and I can just walk in. The DMV is right across the highway from the hospital so it’s super convenient. Now I’m in the waiting area and I’ll get my errands done and don’t need to make a separate trip!

12 Likes

I switched to a small pharmacy and they are actually using my preferred name. It hasn’t taken like, seventeen painful interactions to get it into a system that doesn’t function and still requires me to dead name myself!
They even print it out on my prescriptions. They have one name for insurance and another name for me.

27 Likes

Second tiny victory: Partner is streaming while she programs and she’s cute and i like listening to her from the other room

18 Likes