Tiny Victories

i’m excited! i haven’t had a proper party in ages and i really love throwing them, esp with my husband – he is a great host.

6 Likes

When do we see the jacket???

3 Likes

here ya go! i got it 50% off :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i am gonna wear it over a black onesie, or maybe black velvet pants and a white tank.

9 Likes

This was almost a tiny complaint.

Bought Husband’s xmas gift at lunch, an Xbox. It was on sale for $319, plus I could use points, plus it was bonus redemption event.

I got the xbox, 4 giant Toblerones, a HDMI Cable, and a few other various things to bring the total to as close to $400 as I could (Couldn’t be under, had to be at or greater than 400).

With spending $400, I was able to redeem $250 worth of points for everything, so I got $400 worth of product by cashing in $250 worth of points

(This was almost a tiny complaint because I loaded my online cart yesterday morning in anticipation of this event, then at midnight last night tried to check out and the xbox was sold out, so I had to go into a store. However online the price was $380, and in person $319, so, worth it, despite it being so peopley in there.)

17 Likes

Not going to get the black sequin jumpsuit that anomalily linked to on her journal?

4 Likes

i saw that and it is cute! just not quite my style.

2 Likes

I know how you feel - I know I have definitely aged out of halter tops

1 Like

The best story before this I knew of that’s similar is in a Woollcott collection. I’ll see if I can find the title?

While Rome Burns… now I just have to find the essay. I’ll update this when I do.

Bought a new down parka in my hard-to-find size at 50% off. Good to -40 C.

Also…getting entirely new electronics in our one year old stove under warranty.

8 Likes

Black Friday win- contacts were 25% off, plus rakuten had a 10% back offer, and I have $100 left in benefit coverage. I bought 8 boxes for the year.

7 Likes

I’m feeling very happy with what I’ve accomplished this year! I just hit a major goal of mine. And I have a friend coming over today and I made lots of delicious food for her :slight_smile: she’s a real upper person so I’m excited to see her! She jokes that we recharge each other! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Big Black Friday wins this year. Lots of stuff I’ve had camping in my “to buy” list on legit sales. Nearly half off additional leak detector sensors, $10 off a potty stool for Latte, a price I haven’t seen for a couple years for gym shorts for Husband, even underwear on sale for kids which hardly ever happens! And I got a bunch of jeans 40% off to try and hope they fit. Excellent.

8 Likes

I didn’t get any deals, but I did successfully order some kids clothes and clothes for me! Keeping everyone clothed is exhausting! Hoping everyone is good until February or so

7 Likes

I got my tiny jar of foundation open after a week of attempts to break through the airplane travel pressure seal.

11 Likes

I was going to buy gift cards from BIL’s and nephew’s favourite bookstore for Christmas, but DSIS #1 said no…just give them some of my home canned jam. So that’s what I’m doing! Saves me $50CAD. Hubby usually forks over an additional $50, so they can actually buy books, which are expensive here.

10 Likes

My son is taking his first ever nap NOT directly on me!

19 Likes

Friend hangout went well and we made some really fun future plans! YAYYY

15 Likes

I’m so excited! It’s husband’s birthday and I have so much planned: all day breakfast buffet, nachos at night, cherry pie later, and a movie marathon with all of his favorites! :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Amazing!!!

1 Like

Happy Birthday to husband!

1 Like