Tiny Victories

I got promoted to clerk instead of inspector this year, so I had to stay late and count everything. We were only 1 ballot off of a bit more than 700!

Plus turnout was pretty good, especially for our not very contested elections.

9 Likes

Whew. At least 2 of 3 crazies did not win. (Governor and Sec of State) they are still counting AG. AND abortion rights are again protected in Michigan!

ETA The AG also went democrat.

18 Likes

I made it to my dentist appointment on time. This was in danger, so I’m taking the win.

12 Likes

Just got through the 2nd thousand posts. @Bracken_Joy , you really deserve that crown!

6 Likes

Spent my full FSA amount 10 days into the plan year! Don’t love that I had $2,850+ in medical expenses but love that I got them on sale.

13 Likes

Flu shotted, covid boosted, snacks acquired. Based on previous covid vaccinations I’ll be lying flat for the next day or two, but after that I should be as set as I can be for travel in the next couple months.

9 Likes

That’s impressive!

My victory is that I managed to spend the last of my FSA before the grace period ended. (I put in a specific amount at the beginning of the year because I had plans, but then I forgot those plans and didn’t spend well.)

5 Likes

Amazing! My greatest fear is letting FSA money go to waste, so I am very impressed.

2 Likes

Target had eggnog today. I love eggnog.

5 Likes

Amazing news!!! I love nog.

2 Likes

The state of Massachusetts just sent us a check?!?!

6 Likes

I got a new doormat/scratching post. :heart_eyes_cat:

10 Likes

The reusable giant bag from the garden centre from my spring dirt delivery has been in the back of our car for 2 months because I kept forgetting it. I returned it yesterday. Decluttering win! Lol

3 Likes

My cousin made me a delicious concoction the other night: pumpkin ice cream, egg nog and kahlua!

7 Likes

Excuse me that sounds delicious!!

2 Likes

Today I got to pet and walk with alpacas and then went thrift storing and I went to a store with a HUGE cookbook section and I bought 8 cookbooks for like $1-$4 each! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

16 Likes

We got one, too. There’s an obscure law that was triggered this year, and you got a refund of roughly 13% (?) of the MA tax you paid for 2021.

2 Likes

I was chatting about this recently in the context of the Fair Share tax but didn’t realize it had been triggered for last year!

My favorite low dose cannabis beverage is now for sale in my state!

5 Likes

I’m in a super good mood today! :slight_smile: And I folded a gargantuan pile of laundry just now.

11 Likes