Tiny Victories

we had a sectional that came in 2 pieces. one of the pieces broke in an unfixable way. all the replacements we liked weren’t going to ship for like 3 months.

so we got rid of the broken half, and bought 2 ottomans and an armchair, and yesterday finished rearranging the room so that the unbroken half is now our couch, and we have a separate armchair along the other wall.

it feels so much bigger and more open without the giant sectional (which i had bought when i lived in a place with an open floor plan). and i hung some new lights and reorganized the stuff that’s usually just lying around so it all has a home now and i can easily tidy the place up at the end of the night and wake up with a nice straightened up space.

i love it! i can sprawl out on the floor more easily. i forgot how much energy i get from switching up my living space every now and then.

RIP sectional. you were a very good pandemic couch!

15 Likes

MY HUSBAND IS TAKING ME TO AN ALPACA FARM THIS WEEKEND!!! We get to pet them and feed them and everything.

LOOK AT THEIR FACES I CAN’T STAND IT!!!

30 Likes

They look like little old ladies sharing a rude joke :joy:

10 Likes

So jealous. Those faces!!!

2 Likes

Went out for dinner and shisha at a neighborhood place we haven’t been to in a while, and they remembered our regular shisha order as soon as we sat down :joy:

10 Likes

I got to ride a llama as a kid. Same set up as the pony rides (animals walk in a circle), but on a llama!

4 Likes

10 Likes

omg they so do :joy:

1 Like

Very high voter turnout at my polling place. I hope they agree with me (unlikely, but one can hope that high turnout means things and people you support are the draw)

9 Likes

I tried to make a strawberry crisp from frozen (but thawed) strawberries. I used Becel instead of butter, and quick oats instead of old fashioned. It took twice as long to cook as the recipe called for, BUT the results were delicious!

12 Likes

late night moderating (7pm and 8pm calls) at home instead of in a facility where I’ll need to still travel for an hour to get home after we’re done and there would be socializing and debriefing when I’m tired and cold and shaking (because I get cold and shaking when I need to be on after dinner).

Also, I get paid by the hour now.

6 Likes

In general, higher turnout means better performance for Democrats.

6 Likes

I know that’s the historic trend. But we are in Bizarro times (I am afraid to hope).

Took Spouse to vote, there’s a line to get in. FAN-Fing-TASTIC!

5 Likes

I’ve gotten through the first thousand posts of the meme thread here. Whew! There are some good memes there, though. Also I’m reliving 2020 through memes. lol

14 Likes

BIG BOAT GET STUCK

11 Likes

Thank you, thank you. It’s truly a work of beauty isn’t it? I need to go back through it one of these days. Very grateful to everyone who has put the time and effort in there!

17 Likes

Also - a big “thank you” to all of you that worked:

• “get out the vote”
  • voter registration
  • worked for specific candidates
  • worked the polls
  • or otherwise supported everyone’s access and interest/commitment to voting
12 Likes

And so humble too!

3 Likes

One of my many stunning attributes, truly.

7 Likes

Definitely!

2 Likes