Tiny Victories

I was able to fix my library card login, and I now have 6 hard copy books on hold + 3 on my phone. They are all spooky. Spooky season here I come!!

13 Likes

I painted the concrete floor of my front porch after work. How do I never notice how bad it looks until I repaint it? It was terrible.

10 Likes

I finally called Chase and asked for a product change from the Sapphire card so I wouldn’t have to pay the yearly fee again. I don’t know why but I always build up calls like this in my head and dread them for weeks! It literally took 90 seconds and was nbd but in my mind the guy was going to berate me for changing my credit card :joy:

19 Likes

I started a new creative project and I’m really enjoying it!

14 Likes

Say more!!! If…you want to. Also very in love with secret creative projects and understand if you want it to just be Yours.

7 Likes

Eeee! I’m scared because I know it isn’t very good. And I don’t have the ability (in spoons/literal ability) to make it way better. But it’s also public so…I’m just being silly. It’s a vlog. Gahhhhh. It’s just for fun (shot on my phone bc cameras are too heavy for me now) but I’ve been enjoying it. If anyone wants to watch a very elementary foray into vlogging DM me :laughing: you have been WARNED. If you are expecting the polish of other OMDers video content, uh, you will be disappointed.

ETA: I’m being dumb, haha, I’d be happy to share the link with anyone who wants it. And I will be gracious instead of weird and self-involved, lol. Plus I only have 4 subscribers so this is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor!

12 Likes

I made beef and barley stew and activity did the beef right so it’s so tender! I was worried it would be hard as a rock but now I know what people are talking about when they say it falls apart or send almost melty. :raised_hands:

12 Likes

the $600 I put aside from my first contract gig qualified for the new Tangerine 4.3% bonus interest until end of year even though it went into the account before they sent me the offer.

13 Likes

I am here for all the AllHat content. Pretty please.

6 Likes

“I knew AllHat before she was popular and sold out.”

10 Likes

INVEST WITH ME AND I WILL MAKE YOU RICH.

9 Likes

:raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2: Talking about finances, especially with other women, is a very good thing. This is an IRL friend.

20 Likes

Same here!! I want in on the ground floor of AllHat content!

3 Likes

I would be keen to watch this!

2 Likes

I wanna be rich! Ok, I would like to see your vlog please.

1 Like

I have two little victories and both are thank you messages! First, I want to shout out a thanks to @katscratch who posted something a while ago (not even to me) about how she tries to create more than she consumes. I’ve been thinking about that ever since I read it and it has really helped me reassess some of my online habits and make positive changes.

I also want to shout out @Pbkmaine who once explained to me (after I asked) that she thinks of friendships kind of like a bank account. I was having trouble discerning good friendships from energy sucking ones, and she said that when a friend is needy it’s like they’re withdrawing and when they are supportive they’re depositing. Thinking of it like that has made it much easier for me to identify people who are adding a lot to my life versus…overdrawing their accounts, haha.

Anyway thanks to both of you! You’ve contributed to some IRL victories for me!

25 Likes

Work has been slow enough today that I was able to clean all 3 bathrooms, wash the dishes and do a load of laundry! I even took a scouring stick to one of the toilets that had terrible stains from the previous owners, plus I spilled 1/2 gallon of paint on it a few months ago. It all came off! I love scouring sticks so much. Next week I’m hoping to get to all of the floors!

7 Likes

Hit the gym and I am officially back to my pre injury climbing level!

I also ate two burritos.

Both accomplishments are equal in my eyes.

19 Likes

What is a scouring stick?

1 Like

These! They are amazing…super good for hard water stains on ceramic and all types of metals

1 Like