Tiny Victories

They don’t ruin / scratch the surface? How will you use them on your floors (tile / stone? Grout?).

I’ve never used them on the floor, only in toilets and tubs, and like the metal drains and handles. I’ve only had one scratching situation, when I used it on my sink which I did not realize was not porcelain. But never any other scratches!

2 Likes

Ohhh I need one!! We’ve got a very ugly hard water or maybe iron stain on the toilet bowl.

3 Likes

That Autumn Mix candy that’s two colors of candy corn and pumpkins.

4 Likes

Aha, you last line was about getting to (clean) all your floors. I assumed you would be using the stick….(head slap)

3 Likes

Bowie accidentally scratched my hand but look at this fun bandage I got to use!

10 Likes

I was standing around reading OMD instead of doing my PT exercises, so when my husband needed my help with the food processor I was available immediately :laughing:

12 Likes

lemon cheesecake is in the oven, so I’m in good shape for bringing thanksgiving desserts tomorrow (tomorrow morning I’ll make brownies so people have a choice of chocolate, citrus, or both)

12 Likes

Hi, what time should I show up?

1 Like

If you’re showing up here, in 10 minutes the brownies are out of the oven, but they need a another 15 to cool enough for some level of solidity.

If you want the whole USians expats doing Canadian Thanksgiving experience, turkey is served at 430 at my sister’s, and you can appreciate the beautiful millwork in her living room.

7 Likes

If it is local to me sister, text if you needrescue and extraction. If another sister text if you need to discuss the absurd

I highly recommend buying fluvoegs on your phone from the bathroom to cope

4 Likes

oh, we’re visiting Rosedale. So that is also a TV, because we can get there on transit (obviously I would have preferred to walk, but given we’re carrying food and my knee is still in recovery mode, we’ll take what we can).

6 Likes

That sounds yummy! Would you share the recipe? I’m still foraging ahead with my Soup Mondays plan, so I’m collecting all the soup recipes. Tonight it’s potato leek!

2 Likes

I don’t think I specifically followed a recipe, but here’s what I did:

Chop up stew meat into smaller pieces (even the pre-cut stew meat from the store is twice the size or more that we’d prefer)
Coat it all in flour
Sear* in pan in batches to be sure everything has room (not sure if sear is the right word since it’s coated in flour, but basically quick-cooking the outside for a minute or two. Inside should still be raw.)
Transfer cooked meat to the slow cooker.
Take some of the beef broth that’ll be going into the recipe and use that to de-glaze the pan for all the yummy brown bits, then pour that into the slow cooker too.
Add a quarter cup barley, an 8oz bag of frozen peas and carrots, some canned mushrooms, the rest of the box of beef broth. Also add a tablespoon of tomato paste at this step (and not way later like I did cause I forgot). I may also have added a few splashes worchestershire sauce.
Cook on low for four hours.

That last step will be the tricky part since you’re out of the house all day. I’m not sure if eight hours on low would have cooked it too long and made it tough since the pieces were cut so small. Maybe you can do the first few steps the night before and have a kid put it all in the slow cooker when they get home from school?

For vegetables you can also use potatoes, onion, garlic, green beans.

3 Likes

Thank you!

I think they just call that step browning. Right? “Coat the meat in flour and brown.”

2 Likes

Yes, browning. Thanks.

2 Likes

Just had a lovely griping session with a coworker over zoom about how insane our department is sometimes. The people are lovely but the work sometimes, woof. It was a nice check in to realize that it’s not just me.

(The downside of not being in an office any more, I can’t see people occasionally checking Facebook or doing online shopping at work when they’re slow so it feels like no one is ever slow therefore I should never be slow either and must Do All The Things which also means not asking for help…)

9 Likes

No surprises at the cat’s annual vet visit! Under budget, too, thanks to the care plan we enrolled Leon in when he needed some dental stuff done.

11 Likes

Dandelion mead.

5 Likes

I had to cancel our camping trip but I got a full refund! I also already prepped food for it so I have a ton of food in the house.

16 Likes