Tiny Victories

TJ’s was out of burritos so I tried a chicken chimichurri empanada and they are DELICIOUS.

10 Likes

Now I want to try one!

2 Likes

I think we have different standards for delicious food, but you’re welcome to come over and have one!

5 Likes

TJ’s has some pretty great frozen food!

3 Likes

I just planned another camping trip for October! :slight_smile: And scored some inexpensive base layer items from Sierra.

13 Likes

Feeling better than yesterday. Dad checked on my car at the dealership and they might have figured out what is causing the shifter to randomly lock up.

7 Likes

You know I love Sierra! :joy:

Just about to order from them and try out some swimsuits for me and board shorts for Marmalade. The ones we took to Hawaii aren’t great. He works really close to the physical store and said he’d return anything that doesn’t work out :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’s the best! And I got two brands I really like: avalanche and kyodan!

3 Likes

I went climbing and rode the train for the first time since my last injury, so 9-10 weeks! :slight_smile: I did several practice drops from not very far first and then sent a wall and then stopped because I didn’t want to do more than one my first day back. Also did a small core workout and some PT while there, and then walked back to the train and now I’m exhausted :laughing: because this is the most physical activity I’ve done in months!

Also I ate dumplings because I figured fuck dietary problems and I wanted them so bad and a little voice was like, “it’ll be fine” and…weirdly I feel fine? Everything is made up and reality is an illusion, lol.

15 Likes

I got my last Summer electric bill and it’s under $150!! I have been working so hard at reducing electricity use this past month because bills can get so high here in the summer, and it really paid off. I am treating myself to a little AC (set at 77 :joy:) this afternoon to celebrate.

15 Likes

You’re out of control.

6 Likes

This may be too huge of a victory but… I ordered 3 pieces of clothing online, all 3 fit and look cute, and will fill gaps in my wardrobe I wanted them to fill. Will have to buy a lottery ticket with all of this amazing luck!

22 Likes

I bow before you. Treat this day with reverence :joy:

10 Likes

:astonished:

short ladies KNOW what a feat this was

11 Likes

A lizard got in the house last night and was chilling on our bath mat. Boyfriend successfully relocated him outside without either car noticing!

8 Likes

My family visited today. The weather was a perfect 68 and sunny and we sat on my new screen porch. :heart:

After they left, I accomplished stuff! I did a bunch of small outside painting projects that I’ve been avoiding for too long because it was 4 different paint colors. I will finish tomorrow.

8 Likes

i think i’ve cracked the code on why i’ve had so many nights of weird anxious sleep recently – like i’ll be sleeping and my body will feel all amped up and sometimes my internal vision will shift around like a frenetic music video, and i’ll wake up feeling anxious in the middle of the night. so weird and unsettling but i think i’ve identified the pattern.

it seems like this is happening 2 nights after i take anti-anxiety medication. like i took one on thursday night and slept great, but friday night was a mess. i have been taking these meds a few times a month for years but never noticed this side effect before – maybe because of all the weed i was using :upside_down_face: (i quit a few weeks ago)

it’s kind of a bummer that i can’t rely on these meds now but it’s SO MUCH better than waking up in a panic and not knowing why!

9 Likes

5 Likes

I need a nap. I thought this was a meme and stared for a solid 30 seconds thinking I just wasn’t getting the joke :woman_facepalming:t3:

12 Likes

No joke. :rofl: But also everybody knows that red dots are the best dots so that’s the victory part.

5 Likes